Ludia Forums

Arena is more boring than ever

With all the changes you made, new unbalanced creatures emerged and they are more various.
Mortem is one of the most broken now, it is useless,
. I will drop it for sure.
Thanks again for not giving a boost reset neither.

2 Likes

I cant wrap my mind around your issue, Morty took a big hit this update so no it didn’t get worse. Can you specify what your experiencing because I feel it may not be indicative of the overall general issue we’re all seeing and perhaps you’ll shed new light on something.

1 Like

I can only imagine you are in a lower arena, or that by “broken” you actually meant “bad”… Morty is too vulnerable right now… It’s literally one shot by Hadros and Skoonas even if you boost its HP a lot

7 Likes

I have a fully boosted level 30 Morty and if I’m honest I would drop it now if we got a boost reset

4 Likes

…Morty? Morty kinda sucks, at least against resilients. Unless you’re referring to that cleansing impact, in which case, sure, he’s broken.

4 Likes

Not sure what you mean??? You say arena is boring, and you seem to ask for a boost reset which is the best way to make the arena extremely boring, since everybody apply their boosts on the same top dinos right after a reset… And I agree with others, Mortem is pretty much useless now. It was good in raids, but now that Thor got his group attack back, it’s pretty much a bench warmer now.

2 Likes

Morty is an interesting case. It’s cleansing impact gives it a shot against the cunning resurgence, but it struggles to take down the resilients it was intended to counter.

While I’m not vehemently against it having CI, I would prefer its moveset and resistances be tweaked to make it much better against resilents. For instance, it should gain 100% vulnerability resisance, raise its stun resistance to at least 75% again, a health buff of 200 or 300, and gain ferocious impact in place of CI. This way it could really punish resilients while being more vulnerable to cunnings.

7 Likes

Quite how it was felt that Morty needed to lose some stun resistance is anyone’s guess.

Same goes for vulnerability.

But this is the same company that thinks it’s ok to leave 20% of the player base unable to play for 5 days now and every new person that downloads the game can’t play it either. So I guess it’s fair to assume they don’t care if we aren’t happy with the changes to one Dino.

I just wish they would think these decisions through before going ahead with them. It’s obvious Mortem was going to suffer badly as a result of this. Resilients get vulnerability and Morty loses any resistance to it, and the chances of Morty getting stunned are double what they were …. Go figure.

7 Likes

I quit the game for good on Friday after being with it 2 weeks after launch. Latest update was the last straw for me. Arena has been horrible for awhile but now with the dual stall twins (Grypo and Testa) and more swap-in then ever, that was enough for me. It’s a shame too because I felt PvP arena was strongest pre-boost when it was focused solely on strategy and less RNG / swap. Gone are the good ole days of stegodeus’ shattering rampage…

3 Likes

You and so many others @MHSzymczyk and it saddens me so much to see this.

Saying goodbye to so many alliance members and players like yourself who have simply had enough makes me more than a little concerned for the future of this game

Almost all of aspect in this game are boring now,
Hunting ?? Let’s put the new creature as a park exclusive on the worst time spawn, oh and the other night spawn and dawn/disk spawn on SPESIFIC zone.
Pvp - already explained
Tournament - more boring than pvp especially when 4/ 8 your opponent team are swap in creature plus Vulnerability …
Raid ? Buggy invitation, buggy lobby, and longggg counter attack boss with 3-4 rounds.
Then Ludia screwed with this week event, seriouslly the treasure chest is garbage, it took a lot of space of green supply. Then there was a log in issue for more than 10 % of the community. Even the player base searched the solution for themself while Ludia enjoying their own weekend and repeat what the player base did as a solution.

1 Like

Stun resistance is kind of a joke though. So far this update my Rinex has been stunned 3 for 3 by Cera

Swap in damage is bad enough, but I can understand the need for it… But swap in damage + stun should NEVER have become a thing… But we say that for years now and it’s like yelling at the wind… Not only they don’t change it, but keep adding creatures with that… If you’r not immune or 75% resistant to stun, you’re probably toast…

PvP has basically become a swap in/out competition, just so that in the end, the winner is the one who had that right creature that the opponent didn’t have the counter for…

You’re facing a tank? Send a chomper or Grypo… But then opponent swapped to Scorpio? Send your own Scorpio, or Testa, or hit it once and swap to Cera… Don’t have them selected? OOPS! Too bad! Then just sit there and watch your team get demolished.

3 Likes

Spinoconstrictor and Hydra-Boa could both potentially start to shake up the PvP once the Boa gets unlocked and Evasive Wounding Strike gets its delay fixed (unless that was intentional, but in that case, the Dodge needs to be 75% and the move itself should be upgraded to do 1.5 x damage at least.

Morty is useless against all new cunning creatures, especially flocks. It really makes a lot of sense that tiny creatures can beat beasts… It’s a joke in this game.

That’s why my mortem is max speed and rest damage :slight_smile: