Ludia Forums

Arena is unfair

How does a 5k team of my dragons defeat a 5.5k or above? (Half a day attempting to fight a suitable opponent)

Is the arena programs what is your 5 highest dragon with maxed level coz i have 5 - 5star dragon lacking of trust points yet.

3 Likes

That’s no good! Dragons with trust point meters on them (so locked special dragons) aren’t included in anything AFAIK. I’m not sure how arena match-ups are done, but I would imagine it’s based on your 5 highest power dragons, regardless of how many stars they have.

As for beating a team with more power, it depends on how abilities match up too. Power is only based on base stats.

Well for me it seems that arena needs to be rebalanced. We are supposed to be fighting players within more or less same team weight. So basically if my teams weight is around 6k I should be able to fight players with dragon team with similar weight (a little bit less, a little bit more than 6k), right? However I cannot because defense teams have not only one extra dragon (which is ok) but also overbuffed by 30%-40%. So I cannot play with players of the same level group basically…I think the buff of defending team should be dependent on the gap in between attacking team and defending team… if the gap is high, buff the defense team higher to give them chance and prevent strong players from killing game for lower levels. However if the gap between attacking team and defending team is close do not buff the defending team or give a little buff…

4 Likes

From my point of view… why aren’t teams left as they are? sooner or later you will be fighting against your same level teams.
I don’t get the point on buffing or lowering teams… if you are playing on a level and can’t go higher is because this is your maximum level… it has no sense to put you higher in the classification if another player has been playing longer or harder. It is one of the points of a game, improving your teams so you can get better prizes.

4 Likes

I would say the buff is needed if fighting even numbers because attacker has a huge advantage, but with defense with more than 5 dragons, they are getting an advantage in numbers so no more buff is needed

3 Likes

Explain to me how this is balanced, the whole team was near this power level and just annihilated mine

4 Likes

This is fair, you lose cause your tactic s not good enought

2 Likes

Sometimes it‘s a bad board as well, even with greatest tactics a bad board could cause a loss where usually would‘ve been a win.

1 Like

I too was initially annoyed about how ludicrously powerful the other dragons are. But after thinking about it logically I came to this conclusion. You’re playing 5 on 3. You have a 66% advantage. Or conversely the opponents are at a 40% disadvantage. It only makes sense that they’re 40% stronger.

Plus the opponent dragons have no skill or strategy. They don’t make good targeting decisions or save their abilities for the most opportune times. The power difference is more than fair.

1 Like