Ludia Forums

Arena way worse than previous updates: share your experience

Don’t know what is other players’ experience, but to me arena with 2.0 is becoming frustrating and annoying really fast because of the imbalance provided by Maxima-Tryko + boost combo. Don’t get me wrong, i have both at lv 30 and boosted, but it seems like the old boost system with Thor & Rat, where the majority of matches were all 3-0 or 3-1. I really would like this game to give us more choice, creating a way more varied pool of viable dinos and not creating fashionable creatures every patch.
I’m totally ok with tweakins, changes and adjustment to creatures to refresh the gameplay and i know that is difficult to keep the things always perfectly balanced (expecially after the intoduction of boosts), but sometimes it seems thay don’t even playtest their game…
Thoughts?

7 Likes

I just think one of the main problems is that instant invincibility blocks 2 attacks its way to strong it should be put back to how it was b4 2.0

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s an other stupidly broken move. I see the raid purpose behind its design, but in arena it’s really overpowered…

1 Like

Tryko just needs to lose Resilient, that can’t counter it’s counters.

II would be ok with blocking 2 attacks, if that would be same for slower and faster creature, not that for faster lasts one attack, for slower 2.

Ardentis needs nerf, thats obvious. First needs to lose DSR for DSI and losing resistance to distraction.

8 Likes

I’m still seeing these around:

Employed the Kapro-Tarkus team to deal with it.

2 Likes

Ludia just loves to see its players angry. Good job there

1 Like

But at least these are manageable. I mean, Thor is a good fierce creature with a clear weakness: distraction. A lv 30 full boosted Thor will lose from a same level not boosted distracters (Spyx, Rinex for example). Yes, obviously by a small margin, but that’s the way the game should work to keep balancing. Like strenght and weakness in pokemon world. Maxima & Tryko counters their own counter

1 Like

Yes, and that’s the main problem. This is all on purpose. The game could potentially be hundred of times more enjoyable than what it is now. And they know that

1 Like

Yeah I know, it’s just interesting that Thor still manages to survive in this meta.
Tryko and Maxima tend to give me some trouble.
For maxima, I rely on Carnotarkus and hope it doesn’t crit on me. Or other times on Kapro and Tenontorex since I have nothing else and I don’t want to use Thylacotator, Alloraptor eventually gets an unique, so nothing much else to pick from.
For Tryko, I might use Tarkus, Kapro (with some other critter following up), Maxima, or Utarinex sometimes. Tenonto seems to have a difficult time dealing with it.

1 Like

Paradoxically i think Thor despite the nerf is still in a good spot in this meta. It has now a purpose: with an accurate use of boost it can revenge kill on opener Maximas who 2 shotted your first creature. The problem is that we don’t have access to many t1 shield shattering good damage creature beside him, Allosino, Tyrannolopho, and TRex (but who plays al high levels Allosino, tyrannolopho and rexy??). That until Mortem will be unlocked for the majority of players, and at that point we’ll have an other unbalanced creature to deal with

3 Likes

I wonder what can counter Mortem in arena. Cunning creatures? I don’t remember if it has distract resistance. I think it can cleanse though.

It doesn’t have distract resistance but has cleansing impact.
So yes, basically distracting creatures but not always

1 Like

Arena is fair :rofl:

6 Likes

That stuff belongs to mid Library.

I agree, obviously some Dinos should be better than others, uniques that are harder to get (tournament incubators aside) but to have a couple that are so much more powerful just turns PVP into a yawn fest… I know you can kill it with Thylo and other ways costing 2 Dinos doesn’t stop the repetition when there is over 200 Dinos in the game…

1 Like

Look at all the negative feedback towards Ludia in the forum. It’s been like this all of 2020. This game won’t survive much longer if they just keep irritating their customers

2 Likes

Didn’t answer to all your reply…
Where i am (mid depot/high library) it’s all about who brings out the biggest Maxima / Tryko.
And i’m in a bad spot because speaking of counters, My thyla can be leveled until 21 or 22, and Alloraptor to 25. But the rest of my team is lv 30 with some boost and would be an unbalanced team…and the lack of other reliable counters is what’s giving me problems (other bleeders are situational). I could potentially boost my Maxima & Tryko harder but i don’t want to partecipate myself and contribute to this arena imbalance, i’ve never been that type of player: always tried to counter the meta (My Thor is lv 23 for example).
It’s not the creatures themselves, it’s the lack of choice that makes me upset…

1 Like

I agree if Maxima is too OP, but losing DSR for DSI ?? Its too much. Change back GDR to GDI or with 2 rampage but reduce attack to 1100 and hp to 5700

1 Like

I’m in mid library, lots of max hp or max attack maximas here.
I have a maxima but the only boost it has is T10 hp, nothing else. I refuse to use the 2 turn invincibility because that thing is really too much on something with 20% armor and immunity to most stuff and huge HP. Gemini somehow gets only 1 turn invincibility even though it’s much weaker.
There was Erlikospyx. It could have been the best Maxima counter: had anti-decel, had a HUGE distraction attack, had bleed, had high speed, basically everything to make it great. Ludia went: “We can’t have that running around in the Maxima/Tryko meta.”

4 Likes

It’s always been about negative things here, but as long as people will complain game will last :joy:
At the end of the day, we complain because we care and we want to continue playing the game.
Personally, if I were to lose interest and no longer enjoy it due to frustration I would stop playing directly, I would not come here to complain. So the game it’s in a good spot i think, the fact is that if people complains it means that ther’s a problem…

3 Likes