Ludia Forums

Autocorrect & suggestive text

Add autocorrect and suggested text back into the chat.

Some of my alliance members names were saved in there as well as dinosaur names. It was easier and faster to tap that opposed to retyping everything. Especially some hybrid names.

1 Like

I was hoping this would be fixed in the 1.11 update but it wasn’t.

@ned @John

Why did we used to have auto suggest text and autocorrect while using alliance chat but now it’s no longer available?

Incase you have no idea what I’m talking about I’ve attached a photo of how it works on the forum and used to work in the alliance chat. It was incredibly helpful for user’s names and dinosaurs/creatures.

1 Like

I’m sorry that the autocorrect/autofill feature seems to be gone from your chatbox, Phil. However, it’s possible that your device’s setting is causing this as the game has no built-in auto-correct or predictive text features.

It’s also possible that the update cleared the previous “saved” phrases and words since a new cache is involved.

Interesting. I’ll check but it works fine on websites and texting. I don’t think it occurred until around 1.10 update. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

@ned I’ve checked and it’s turned on in my phone. It’s working right now as I type this message. It works in my text messages too. It just no longer works in the game app. I’m sure I can’t be the only person experiencing this.

Hey @Phil, I’m not really sure why that would be the case. :thinking:

I’m typing in my Alliance chat and it does pop up for me but I am using an Android device. :sweat:

If you would like our team to take a closer look, please do not hesitate to contact our team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key and device information.

1 Like

Thanks I went ahead and wrote in.

This feature disappeared after 1.10 update. I too was hoping it be resolved in 1.11 but it wasn’t. No settings were ever changed on my phone.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s not just me. I wrote support in the email link. I’ll update the thread once I hear something.

Same here. iPhone 6s

1 Like

I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. It doesn’t work for the record.

So support wrote me back. They told me that predictive text isn’t programmed in the phone and that the cache may have been reset with the update. I was told to check my device settings.

Here’s my message to them. Makes me wonder if they even read my message. Why would they tell me to check my device settings if I already told them I had?

Autocorrect & suggestive text is back! 1.10 took it away and I was told it was my phone settings while this feature worked in everything besides JWA. Today after 1.12 I have it back. Thanks for the lack of confidence that I knew what I was talking about. Oh and thanks for fixing your games problem that isn’t a setting in the game or whatever. :crazy_face:

1 Like