Bananogmius tournament (01/21/22 - 01/24/22)

After months of not losing a single tournament, this is where I’m gonna end my streak. My aquatic creatures are far from strong enough to get me to predator league, let alone dominator. I’m gonna take this as a weekend break and hope that Bananogmius will make another appearance not too far in the future. Anyway, good luck to all participants!

5 Likes

Don’t wanna be the “sour face” here, but I’ve been waiting this creature almost for a year. It has appeared many times within the CoT polls but had not a chance to win those. I hope this will change for you @Drain. :v:t2:

I wouldn’t say no to a couple of more free Bananafish copies. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I might have not understood that. :confused: You mean Predator?

1 Like

Data for end of day 1 for myself.
Was worried I may have to struggle/grind thru this tourney; but my army of lvl 20 VIP’s(plus similar ferocity hybrids and tourney creatures) has held up and served me well.
I feel much more comfortable now.

1 Like

I’ve never seen this happen in a tournament. I didn’t screenshot before since I didn’t know it was going to happen, but his Ammonite hit me with 7 attack vs my 3 block right before this screenshot. It should have done 4 damage. I would’ve survived, but as you can see my Tylo took no damage.

I think I’ve seen this happen in regular PVP and the damage will be seen after the next move (or something like that), but not this time. I finished the match with my undamaged Tylo (his last fish blocked 2 and reserved 2, which ended with my Tylo KOing him with 6 attack vs 2 block).

3 Likes

for folks looking for data in terms of team strength to aim at for trophies…

7 Likes

1 Like

Closing my 1st day of tournament, some data.

I remember very well my first tournament bracketed with aquatics (edestus 2020), I consider this a “revenge” for how badly I had in that tournament. :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Erm, yes I mean Predator :flushed:

It was late. Sorry.

Will add to my post to clarify.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. So it is true, this tournament is actually easier once you get to Dominator than in Hatchling, or at least you can use a lower ferocity team and win. Weird.

2 Likes

Sorry for posting 3 times in a row, I actually came to post this morning’s data

Survived in Dominator overnight, just, and now up to the top half. Am going to have to keep up but it should be possible.

5 Likes

I think I’ll just stop here and will only play couple more battles if needed to stay in dominator. It is really demotivating to constantly receiving such bad prizes: in two sessions I haven’t received anything better than 200 DNA. Oh, sorry: I’ve gotten 1 x 100 DB yesterday…
I don’t know why Ludia applied such algorithm which is set to give either plenty of great prizes or really lousy ones. Nothing between those. I still have left plenty of aquatics but - no, thanks!
Data:

2 Likes

I’ll be finishing the tourney after today’s runs I think. But then I’ll start experimenting, 'cause I find this as a good opportunity to get familiar with the aquatic tournaments in general. I’ll be giving a try for MMF and even FMFs with my toppests, while observing the ferocity ranges that the AI puts on the table. I’m so very used to witness extreme cases from the casual tourneys but I really wonder how often can I face off with a tyrant underwater. In the next aquatics, I’ll be much more prepared than having a decent roster by itself. :v:t2:

So it’s been a great experience up until now, I hope I won’t see any thunder clouds today. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you’re done with your tourney may be you can start playing mine.

4 Likes

I hope it keeps moving slow, because prizes (except than a 250db card) were all bad
Not worth it

Yes I’m done with it, no matter what you should give it a go imo. @Stapesh90 :point_up:t2:

It was pretty consistent with the previous day as having a single loss. This should be more than enough, but as I said, time to experiment now.

:petri_dish::test_tube::alembic::microscope:

I was on the same boat with you guys in terms of having bitter rewards until I had almost back to back 2 Aquatic Packs full of DNAs and bucks on top of 2 legendaries. Still thinking that heavy bracket needs a serious adjustment rewardswise.

My last battle was a “forced” MMF due to lacking another elite member, but it was good for me to see the “what if” part. Was a close one but I definitely need more data. :memo:

In overall, I’m proud of myself and having the payback of the investment I put on this. I hope you all have the similar thoughts and feelings on your games too. :call_me_hand:t2:

8 Likes

I may be able to get to pred. But i am no way prepared for an aquatic tournament. I never went past lv10 vip level. I’ve 3/4 teams who can actually barely make it over the lower limit .
I think they should do this more often so everyone ( there are exceptions ofcourse) stops completely ignoring aquatics .

2 Likes

Yeap, that’s the major issue here.

1 Like

First battle of my tournament. As always i aimed at 7500+ total ferocity for hatchling. Seems easy battle .

3 Likes

For anyone thinking you need more than level 40 legendary, I’m mainly L12 VIPs. I don’t win every battle, but a I win a lot more than I lose. I like kronosaurus, so I can’t level up anymore or I can’t use krono in events. You guys can do this.

9 Likes