Ludia Forums

Battle Bug. Buttons don't give correct response

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: During battle even if I push for certain buttons, I don’t get the response result. I may get the animation that indicates I chose the button by it disappearing, but the game acts like I chose no button, and I will either get the wrong creature to come in next, based on the AI priority order, or I will do the typical first attack of the creature. This of course leads to losses in the arena.

Area is was found in: During the battle arena.

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- I don’t want to produce it, it just happens.
Step 2 -
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: Too often.

What type of device are you using:

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)
Basically during battle, my choices don’t respond. I don’t get to choose my moves, it makes me want to quit the game.

Hey Whitecat31, it sounds like your battle was taken over by the AI mechanic in the game, this can usually happen when you lose connection during a match. Our thread here have more information on this: [News] Jurassic World Alive | AI in Battle
Also, some of the troubleshooting steps here could help prevent this issue from happening again: Lost a battle I was winning
However, if the problem persists after trying those steps, email our team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key.

I’ve been playing JWA since June and really enjoy it. However, occasionally when battling, the game gets stuck in a funky state to where I am an observer rather than a participant. The icons for the members on my team are blank and when the icons are clicked on, it displays the dino’s moves, but does not allow me to choose a creature. When the timer goes to zero, the computer selects one of my creatures for me and executes the lowest damage move. Sometimes restarting the game will fix this, sometimes not.

I really wish there was a way to test this condition before a battle begins so that I’m not forced to watch the carnage. If it is a connectivity issue, the battle should not even be allowed to start. If this is already being addressed, then I apologize for the duplicate thread.

1 Like

I’ve posted this problem a couple of times but it’s still happening, it’s not a connectivity problem, it’s a game flaw …:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s only happened a handful of times, but it’s quite frustrating to watch. Especially if you are unable to join the battle properly before the timer runs out.

@Ned, has this already been logged as a bug?

Hey Wolverine130, our team had received similar reports of this before, and there’s a thread here that’s similar to the issue like yours: Battle Bug. Buttons don't give correct response
The issue can usually be caused by connection stability to the game, and force closing and relaunching the game should quickly fix this. However, I understand that restarting the game during a match can really impact the outcome of your battle. Our team is still actively working towards improving the stability of the game, and we hope that these type of issue would be reduced in future updates, but in the meantime, there are some troubleshooting steps linked on that thread which could help in preventing these problems.

1 Like

Thanks Ned for the link! Anything that can minimize this will be very beneficial!

1 Like