Battle matches

Does this game match you up against others based on 1)your player level, 2)your trophy numbers or 3) your team dinosaur levels? Your ideas would be greatly appreciated.

trophy number

1 Like

Yep, trophies but adding a consideration for dino levels too would be great.

2 Likes

Although the amount of trophies that the game considers a match can vary by roughly +/- 400, which I think is a bit much. Does the tolerance really need to be that big? Is it that problematic getting matches for battles? :thinking:

2 Likes

Very true! I’m just glad the bots are gone- even though it was fun identifying them by their made up “usernames”, haha. Thanks!

Shouldn’t be between 3500-4500 trophies, but maybe they have to make it that way for those who are way up there :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This was in the 1.3 update:

Hybrid Rebalancing
This update economically rebalances the metascore of the hybrids and superhybrids in the game according to the difficulty of obtaining their component elements. A Legendary that is created by performing a fusion between a Common and an Epic is not worth the same as a Legendary that is created by performing a fusion between two Epics

When I read that, I thought they would take our actual dinos into consideration when finding an opponent. Like each dino would have a certain “score” and you would be matched based on your combined score. I was apparently wrong, but it would be cool if they implemented something like that.

2 Likes

Interesting- thank you!

great for people to abuse it using maths.
complaints would only grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that were the case, why only rebalance the hybrids?

Also it states that “This update economically rebalances the metascore of the hybrids and superhybrids in the game according to the difficulty of obtaining their component elements.” I would assume then that this rebalancing doesn’t take arena performance into account.

So a hybrid that is considered worth more may not perform as well in combat, which isn’t much help when matching teams. At least that’s how I interpret it.

1 Like

That is very valid point. Thanks!

Yes, tolerance needs to be that big. Otherwise you might wait 20 minutes before finding someone within 100trophies.

1 Like

The technology is getting better and better. Thank you Ludia- and yes please continue to improve.This game has smart constituents. That’s the best part!

Here it is again
Board

1 Like

Ah yes, completely forgot about that chart. :confounded:

Clearly I wasn’t paying as much attention as I thought I was. Although, having looked at the chart and my list of recent opponents, most average 200 trophies difference rather than 450. So the 450 is more a precaution to minimise waiting times rather than an necessity it would seem.

1 Like

Super cool- that chart is awesome! Thank you. Busy weekend- Purple master incubator challenge.:ok_woman:‍♀:four_leaf_clover: