Ludia Forums

Battle: Where is the fun?😕

I’m not having fun fighting lately. I feel forced that the only thing I want to do is defeat 10 creatures and just quit the game … where is the fun of battles? Where is the time when the battle was fun? There are days when I join the game and not even 5 minutes later I leave and return only the next day!:unamused:

Look this::roll_eyes:

The battles are discouraging me!:sleeping:

and you?do you think the battles were fun before?they have improved or got worse?:thinking:

(And that’s my opinion!Just remember):face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

For me,the only problem of battling is the RAT😒

14 Likes

I think battles are a little more run-of-the-mill now than they were with the old boosts. I see people talk about how now its more about strategy and to me that is subjective. I found the old system needed more strategy for me to figure out how to beat these more powerful dinos. Now, unless you already had a ton of boosts that rolled over, everyone is closer to stock levels so better dinos are harder to overcome without using the same dinos. I see the same dinos over and over again now with little variation…little strategy…and it certainly makes the game a bit more lack luster. I have advanced since the change, but I do miss the old battles.

And I really do not see this as a strategy game…its more of a treasure hunt with battling and building elements that lead to more treasure hunting. I remember seeing a comment on here where someone said this new system makes it more about a strategy and that is what they missed, I disagree. But, also, if they want strategy there are far better games for that than JWA.

5 Likes

I think the battles have gotten better, since there aren’t too many overboosted creatures anymore. The rat might be annoying often times, but I can counter them pretty good. I personally don’t use Dracoceratops, as the swap in rampage is an unfair mechanic. The creatures I face are usually higher than my creatures, but I’m doing a good job beating them. Long story short, I’m doing good in the arenas, and I’m having lots of fun fighting.

EDIT: I take back everything I’ve said.

4 Likes

Battling is still fun at times, but I’m now so used to preparing for a DracoceRAT-OPs attack that I have to remind myself that there’s no rat when I’m doing strike towers and campaign battles! :rofl:

2 Likes

It used to be fun for me I spend hours battling and then this was introduced

Just making me a sitting duck

To this and this

3 Likes

Im unboosted 100% and i will stay like this , im currently at 5000 trofees, what really makes me furious are those idiots with unboosted level 21-22 teams and them a freaking boosted Thor and RAT there at level 28 this needs to go once for all …

l
Ll

6 Likes

Honestly I’m just tired of the same I go into battle work hard to defeat most of his team then whoopie doo a draco is sealed in or a Thor it brought in and game over

4 Likes

I’m actually enjoying battling now more than the last boost system. I’m unboosted, and still hanging around the same trophy range as when I was Uber boosted last system. I enjoy the challenge of defeating all the boosted monsters with my regular old Dino’s.

2 Likes

Speaking of

He took the rest of my team out with a lvl 16 indo gen 2

2 Likes

Ludia knows how we feel, and they’re probably working on an update. If they care about how we feel they will rework it. So wait till 1.11 to quit (I’m expecting it to come early December). It’ll get better, or it won’t last. I just leveled up Spinotasuchs to team level and am having fun using it again.

3 Likes

I’m also having fun with thylo to it so fun to swap in on a Thor’s rampage

1 Like

The fun comes from dropping arenas and then when someone pulls out the rat, you slow play it for as long as possible. 14 seconds per move, Evasives, shields, anything to prolong the match before the eventual win.

3 Likes

Arena dropping is almost natural progression of this game. It’s not fun. Lol

2 Likes

True but it sucks when people use it to exploit the game

3 Likes

Ludia hid it all along

2 Likes

What fun about facing this

1 Like

I had to build an entire team just to counter DracoceRAT-OPs.

It seems to work pretty well :wink: For the sake of the playerbase and the game’s longevity I hope something is done to make battling more enjoyable for those who don’t have a bunch of high HP creatures on their team.

3 Likes

Arena has become repetitive with the same team formats used over and over again. There really isn’t any originality involved.

5 Likes

Battling is not fun if you spend your time waiting for a match. So that annoys the top 50 players

Battling is not.fun when matchmaking is bad. That annoys every player in Aviary and.below.

Battling is not.fun when people drop to get wins. That is every arena.

Battling is not fun when you lose. That is half the playerbase at any 1.time.

If JWA was about battling and not hunting, it would be a failure. I do battles for alliance missions. Boosts are pointless, season rewards are a joke, DNA from arena incs are bad.

7 Likes