Be happy you have a D&D game

I have played D&D for the better part of 35 years. I am extremely happy that we have a new game set in the Forgotten Realms, which is my favorite campaign setting. I love the graphics, I love the options to customize, and I am overall content with the story line. The only thing I have an issue with is the chests you get in the PvP. I wish you could trade the ones you don’t want for gold or diamonds. Otherwise great game right out the gate. Too many people want immediate gratification and have an issue with having to work on progress the old fashion way. Sometimes it takes a few sessions to level up playing tabletop…that is the case here.

2 Likes

I mostly agree. The biggest issue I have is explore mode as the difficulty increases in great jumps forcing you to grind for better equipment/xp to progress. I don’t mind the slow advancement, except for that. A smoother progression in explore mode would make a huge improvement. Elevating the min chest level for a dungeon as you progress would help. Getting 100 coins and a handful of common items is a slap in the face for beating a gang of stone giants and helmed horrors.

2 Likes

Sorry man, it may be a D&D game but it’s not anywhere near full potential.
That’s like saying be grateful you have fruit to eat, it may be rotten and infested with flies, but you still have fruit.
People shouldn’t have to settle for something.

2 Likes

It’s a game with a D&D skin, we’ve had plenty of excellent D&D games, and tons more purely just inspired by d&d.

This is an okay pay to progress game. Nice aesthetic and I’m hoping with some updates can really turn this into a very nice game rather than a skinner box

1 Like

That’s kind of the catch isn’t it?! Will games on a portable platform ever truly be what we 100% want and desire? As for the fruit analogy you used…just like any game, or life in general…you have a choice as far as taking it or not. Be mindful though of this fact,the game is new. It will grow and evolve as time goes. Maybe in 6 months to a year things will be up to the caliber you are looking for. But unless we continue to play and show interest, it will die. And if that happens, we won’t have a game. Personally, I love being part of the 1st group that starts with a new game and watches it grow and evolve. It shows that anything you do, whether time and or money paid off in the long run.

2 Likes

If I have to wait a year for this game to actually get anywhere, I’ll play Baldur’s Gate instead.

I wanted to like this game but it’s too “play to win”. I’m trying to be optimistic but the arena, levels, character selection, etc is just garbage and badly thought out.
I don’t have to settle and I won’t if they don’t get their act in gear.

1 Like

Are you sure you don’t work for the company?

I have absolutely no skin in the game, other than time - and because of the steep paywall, that’s pretty small - so I have no problem waiting. But, if I had plopped down $10 on this game (or, by the sound of it, more for some people), I would have been pretty upset that my investment was for a game that MIGHT be really good in 6-12 months. With that said, I like the idea of the game more than the game itself. I’ll stick around a bit, but Ludia’s window for making cash off of me - beyond the tapjoy stuff - is closing relatively quickly.

3 Likes