Best lead or opening dino for 1.11 Immunity meta, Aviary and above arenas?

With Immunity being the new meta and so many immunes at Aviary and above, what are the best lead dinos now?

I used to always lead with Sucho, Proceramimus, Indom, Allosin and Utasino before. I’ve liked Immunes as it makes it easy to deal with anything which may come out. No bother with distractions, wounds, Vulnerability, etc.

Sucho is great to start for the DoT and Instant Distraction, as there are less useful immunes in the arenas below Aviary and Sucho has nullification, Superiority strike to still make it useful against distractions and faster dinos.

Utahsino has speed, damage and armor which makes it very versatile if I don’t draw any of my immunes

Now, I’m bouncing between Aviary and Library. Sucho has been benched now that Immunity is king.

I still have the habit of leading with an Immune creature like Proceramimus, Indo G2, Erlidom, Ardentis, Magna (only l21 while others are L23-24) in that order of preference.

All 4 can deal decent damage to setup a revenge kill before they die or swap in most cases. (doesn’t apply to l30 or dinos on mega boost steroids)

But for the new meta and dinos, which dinos now make the best leads for you and why?

I usually start with erlidom , it’s good to fight those over boosted thoras people use to swamp a whole team or good to over speed Magna even if it get a hit, you can force evasion for both indoraptors too, that way even if they survive they don’t a strategy for the rest of the battle .
Of course you have the risk to face triko or máxima but i have found Máxima doesn’t work for me as a starter because it’s very probable it will be killed with the first hit of second opponent.

1 Like

Indeed. But I actually use Maxima as a starter quite a lot, but only because other dinos usually just try to finish it off with their basic attack, and then i swap to Tryko or Dio, taking a chunk out of their health already :slight_smile:

Other favorites are Magna and Rinex. If I don’t have any of those 3 I just pick Indoraptor or Tryko, see what happens.

4 Likes

My starters are Anky, Para, and sometimes Thor or IndoG2.

3 Likes

Indo G2 is a very good starter, but I’m not using it. Donated all to my alliance, won’t be able to level it past 17 :slight_smile: Besides, I expect a nerf and find it more safe to use uniques only.

6 Likes

It does need a nerf. When it gets it, I’ll probably put og Indo back on my team. Lol

Or maybe something else, I’m working on Phoru and some other interesting critters.

2 Likes

Apato? :slight_smile:
Maybe it will get Swap in Cautious Nullifying Rampage next patch :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Mostly start with Tryko or Gemini. If I get mostly speedsters, then usually start with Magna. Sometimes I start even with Thor.

2 Likes

I like to start with my L22 Mammotherium and enjoy the surprising moments after.

2 Likes

Ever since I unlocked her, I’ve always used Indominus rex as a starter whenever available. She has a pretty good chance of OHKOing those boosted Thors, Utahsinos and Allosinos, or taking a decent chunk out of an Indoraptor or Erlidom (that is, if she doesn’t get that 25% chance to OHKO those too).
Cloak can also absorb a Distracting Rampage, meaning my second dino gets a chance to finish off any Proceras.

Maxima has started to gain preference after being created, but I still open with Indominus when the dentist isn’t around.

But this is all coming from an unboosted player, who still hasn’t broken into Library yet. Still stuck around 4900.
Indominus is the only non-tyrant on my team, and she’ll likely stay there until I level up my Mammotherium, or create a new Unique Tyrant.

3 Likes

It really depends on what I draw.
My preferences in order are Indo G2 or Dio. Even if I don’t get a favorable matchup it’s not a bad match up. Then it would be Erlidom>Tenrex> and if need be Maxima.
Under no circumstances do I lead with Magna, Tryko, or Thor.
Those are power pieces that I prefer to use when i know the opponents dino and Thor? He’s just holding a spot for Orion so I hope I don’t draw that big green liability.

3 Likes

Funny you should mention I-Rex.
That dino has caught me off guard twice this season.
It’s not a dino I plan for and I get yawn emotes while I take my time trying to figure out exactly how I’m going to deal with it. LOL

4 Likes

I start with a tank most of the time (Maxima or Carnotarkus) since most opponents start with speedsters. Sometimes I start with Utarinex, but if they bring Erlidom it’s screwed.

1 Like

Pre-nerf I started with Maxima whenever I could but I now find its more situational.

Magna isn’t bad but with so many speedier ones out there (and mine’s not exactly slow) I prefer to hold on to it “for when the time is right”.

Tryko is a good all round starter - can take out a lot of things (esp Erlidom) and if it can’t, it can do a fair bit of damage. Diora likewise, but I prefer to swap that in when I need to absorb a hit.

The original Indoraptor isn’t bad either.

On my alt account, Mother, I-Rex, Indo G2 and then Spinota in that order.

3 Likes

i start with a tank. smilonemys or tyko if i have them. I don’t worry too much about if a chomp (thor) comes in.
if either of those aren’t in the line up then i start with erlidom or indo g2 and swap as necessary.

2 Likes

I have actually been starting with Thor just to get some raw damage out before he goes down. It’s my least boosted and I too am working on Orion to replace it. The Maxima starters are actually the most difficult to deal with for me so I might as well try and take some HP down to set something else up. I personally like saving Maxima for last. Mine has 9K HP and that can be even more difficult to deal with late game.

5 Likes

We have a similar style.
I also save my Maxima for last if possible.
When it’s 2-2 it really helps to bring out one of the best 1vs1.

6 Likes

I start with Erlikospyx whenever possible, but you may not have that one yet. It’s got a solid intro against many targets with Debilitating Distraction and Lethal Wound. Even if the opponent starts with immunity, the rampage will soften it up for a revenge kill. I also consider it one of my more expendable minions. My Erlidom is a star player, and I like to keep that one around to finish multiple foes.
If you like Suchotator half as much as I did, you may want to invest in Thylacotator. Thanks to its swap-in distraction, you don’t need to start with it to do its job. Just swap it in on an opposing Thor. It’s immune to the instant stun and has some solid secondary uses with Rending Takedown.

2 Likes

I starts with Thor, Eddie cause of indos and erlidoms, spxs, or trykos but I think tryko and Thor are my most reliable

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I faced so many teams which started with paramoloch from Sorna all the way up to Estate! I hated it as it was so annoying.
Of course I replied back with Eddie when I could. Loved it as it surprised so many people. They overlook just how much damage it could do with SS and GSR combo. Sadly another dino I had to bench with the new Immnuity meta.

1 Like