Ludia Forums

Best to worst Jurassic Park/World Movies

My list -

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park : Lost World ( I love the windscreen scene)
Jurassic World
Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom
Jurassic Park 3 ( Macy is amazing though )

Go…

3 Likes

I would put JP3 as my 2nd. :laughing:

3 Likes

I agree with your list! :pray::grinning:

1 Like

Jurassic Park.
Jurassic World.
The Lost World.
Fallen Kingdom.
Jurassic Park 3.

JP3 suffers because of constant script rewrites and changes while being filmed.

2 Likes

jurassic park
jurassic world
jurassic world: fallen kingdom
the lost world: jurassic park
jurassic park III

3 Likes

JP (9/10), LW (7/10), JW (5/10), JP3 (4/10), JWFK (2/10). Its a mainstream choice, but the original is the best without competition. I absolutely resented FK as a film. The plot holes, pointless and illogical choices in characters, unmemorable and unlikable characters and an atrocious plot.

6 Likes

I enjoyed it but not as much as Jurassic World. By the time I got home after seeing it, I had already worked out a better story for Fallen Kingdom and for Jurassic World 3. If I can do it, it makes you wonder why Hollywood can’t.

5 Likes

The thing that really annoyed me most was the weaponized dinos thing. Sounds like it was ripped out of a B movie. Why would any military want dinosaurs when simple tanks, guns, and bombs are just as effective, if not more so? Aren’t drones already used frequently in combat? What would dinosaurs possibly bring to the table besides liability?

7 Likes

my favorite is always going to be the OG JP movie. Second to that is JP3 because as a kid, every sleepover at my gradfather’s with my cousins was spent watching it.
I would then rank JW, FK, and Lost World in that order.

1 Like

It’s a hold over from the awful ideas for the the original JP4.

Klayton Fioritti covered it two years ago.

1 Like

Because they know they could essentially turn a Peppa Pig episode into a Jurassic Park movie and people would still pay money to see it. And a handful of fans would probably defend it, too.

2 Likes

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World

Then I’m not really sure how to list the others. They all have their moments.

JW and JWFK are what I’d call “popcorn entertainment.” Something you can sit down, put on in the background and just kind of mindlessly watch, maybe even while doing something else, and still enjoy. At the end of the day, most people will get a kick out of rampaging dinos regardless of how nonsensical the story and plot are.

I’m not a fan of those types of films, but some absolutely are.

3 Likes

the final fight seen in JW honestly got me. i was not expecting the Mosa to be the winner. I was expecting Rexy and Blue to pull it off on their own.

5 Likes

Not to mention how cartoonish the dinosaurs are in FK.

2 Likes

The farther we get from the book-based original, with the background in Crichton’s actual scientific knowledge blended with fantastical what-ifs, the most realistic and beautiful animatronics ever made, plus relatable characters and actors we love, the worse it gets. I get what they were going for with World and Fallen Kingdom, since pop sci-fi discussing corruption, corporate manipulation, and militarization are all over the place, but as Bobby said, weaponized dinosaurs is not a good plot point. Ain’t nothin’ a dino can do that drones and guns can’t do better.

Although, if I were a super rich criminal, oligarch, tech mogul, whatever, I would definitely buy a dinosaur from an auction to own privately. I’ve loved ankylosaurus since I was a kid, and having one free-roam and graze on my lawn would be dope as heck.

Editing to add that my friend loves the Jurassic franchise, even enjoyed World, but she drew the line at FK because of the scene of the Brachiosaurus on the dock. Killed the whole movie for her. Because of that, it’s not welcome on her Jurassic Park marathons. I think that alone proves it’s the worst out of the five.

2 Likes

The Lost World’s my favourite. There’s just something about an abandoned island with overgrown buildings and the whole theme of exploration.
Then I’d put all the other ones, except for JP III which I’d say is my least fav.

1 Like

My list :smiley:

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World
Jurassic Park : Lost World
Jurassic Park 3
Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

3 Likes

I’ve always though that even after all this time the dinos in the first mo or still look better than anything that’s been done since…

lost world is fine until the trex starts running around the city then it gets dumb. and JP3 the spino looks so wonky. nothing will ever beat the 1st JP.

JP
JW
JW: FK
JP3
Lost World