Hey everyone, hope you enjoy this,
Here is a simplified version, I hope, of what is going to happen with a nice picture reference.
- No dino will be able to have the same stats as they did in Boost 1.0 (see examples below)
- It’s a NERF overall to all dinos which will introduce more strategy to the battling/boosting. However, at least now you can really get that 50% Health or Attack (Tier 9/10 in Boost 1.0 is unrealistic and not profitable lol) or max out Tier 20 for +40 Speed which is less than the current Tier 8. However, using all 20 for one category means you’re giving up a lot on the other two.
- More folks will exhaust all boost allocations compared to now with T7/T8 as being end game boosts for majority of dinos
- Boost Allocations available = dino level (each dino will have 20/20/20 allocations possible, so even a level 30 dino can only use 30 out of the 60, level 20 will be able to use 20/60)
- Rollback/undo of any accidental boost will cost you half
- Boost cost will be the same for each Tier up under 2.0 at 100
Legend for above image:
Health/Damage: Tier 5 in Boost 1.0 = Tier 12 in Boost 2.0, T8 ~ T18
Speed: Tier 5 in Boost 1.0 = Tier 9 in Boost 2.0, T8 ~ T20
If you don’t get the image then here are examples of favorite topics for nerfs:
30 Thor @ Boosts 1.0 @ 5/5/5 can no longer have these same stats under Boosts 2.0
i.e. Health/Damage would require Tier 12 each under 2.0, putting a total allocation of 24 (leaving 6 for speed). To have the current Tier 5 speed, under 2.0 it would need Tier 9. 12 + 12 + 9 = 33 (not possible) so you’re going to have to think harder before boosting as any undoing will cost you half your upgraded boosts.
For 30 DracoC, even if you decide to push to 20 on Damage, that leaves you with 10 allocations for Health or Speed which will put you at Tier 10 on Boost 2.0 but it won’t be Tier 5 equivalent under Boost 1.0. So you’re looking at either giving it a speed of 129 (+20) or 25% more health at Tier 10 Boost 2.0. Under Boost 1.0 Tier 5 would give this draco health of 4740, but under 2.0 it would be ~4558, hence the nerf.
So the nerf will be apparent if you keep things balanced at 10/10/10 for a level 30 dino under Boost 2.0. How folks decide to allocate their boosting will bring some interesting strategy with the variety of dinos now.
As always, have fun with collecting dinos with or without sanctuaries and see you in the arenas fellow DPGs