Ludia Forums

Boosted Thor is NOT the problem, health is!

People say boosted thor is a big problem and its huge boosted damage causes the imbalance of the battles. But is that true?

NO!

But why do people feel that boosted thor can easily kill many dinosaurs now? Because many of you did NOT boost your dinosaurs’ health to the same level.

Before 1.7, if your dino level was level 25 but you were facing a level 30 thor, did you feel you could win much? You guys did not complain too much but why now?

Now it is ACTUALLY the same!

I will take Diloracheirus as an example:

Lvl 30 health no boost Health left after distracting non-critical impact move from thor no boost Health left after distracting 2nd non-critical instant charge move from thor no boost Health left after distracting critical impact move from thor no boost Health left after distracting 2nd critical instant charge move from thor no boost
Diloracheirus 4193 2679 1670 1923 409
Lvl 30 health tier 8 Health left after distracting non-critical impact move from thor tier 8 Health left after distracting 2nd non-critical instant charge move from thor tier 8 Health left after distracting critical impact move from thor tier 8 Health left after distracting 2nd critical instant charge move from thor tier 8
Diloracheirus 6122 3912 2439 2808 598
Percentage change 46% 46% 46% 46% 46%

Note:
Lvl 30 no boosted thor damage is 2018
Lvl 30 tier 8 thor damage is 2946

As you can see from the table, if you boost Diloracheirus’s health to the same level as the boosted thor, the health left is THE SAME percentage as before update 1.7

So, the solution to battle the boosted thor is:

You have to buy health boosts I am afraid and boost your dinos’ health! .

5 Likes

Crits will still do you in, he does massive damage with them and with a 40% crit rate it happens often.

5 Likes

There is some truth to this people who didnt go all in most likely went after more damage then health boosts.

I know i did… i know from comments on here others did as well… so we made this one shot meta…

1 Like

Often being 99% of the time when I face one.

2 Likes

That is true for me as well.

True, but it is the same as before update 1.7 … nothing changed.

Before 17, didnt thor do lots of damage too?

The illusion now is “boosted thor vs non-boosted health dinos”.

1 Like

Most creatures, even when boosted, don’t have enough health to survive multiple hits or even a critical.

1 Like

The ones that do have the health aren’t very effective against Thor since they don’t have the damage output to kill it before it kills them.

Did you read my table? I took tier 8 thor and its critical move as an example …

Again, the conclusion is the same: nothing changed!!!

Tier 8 health vs tier 8 damage thor, the result is the same as pre 1.7 update

1 Like

Ok but the problem being is that most people that talk about boosted Thor are fighting ones that are super boosted while they most likely spread the stat boosts around on their whole team to balance it out. Hence they don’t have enough health boosts to get to tier 6-8.

1 Like

I’m not bashing you, I agree that his damage won’t change when everyone is also boosted to those tiers like Thor is, but until that happens, people will complain because someone heavily boosted their Thor.

That’s why thor is not the problem. Health is.

And again, logic problem.

Everyone has the chance to buy 20 damage 20 health boosts. What do you mean you do not have enough boosts to get to tier 6? If one can get thor’s damage to tier 6, you certainly can get 1-2 dinos’ health to tier 6.

2 Likes

Those who complain are the ones who do NOT want to boost much on health but damage unfortunately. I hope this post can help them realize that.

1 Like

Yeah, 1-2 dinos, that’s NOT a whole team. No one wants to heavily invest a lot of stat boosts into one or two dinos when your whole team is important. When you get into a battle without those heavily boosted dinos, then you’re out of luck so it doesn’t make sense to just invest in two dinos when you’ll end up wasting all your stat boosts for no reason.

1 Like

I feel like when people consider buying boosts they first look at speed and damage, and health is an afterthought. You’re right about health mattering.

2 Likes

I, for one, actually purchased more health than damage boosts from the shop. But I evenly spread them around my team to help my team composition so no one creature feels too underpowered. This post will help more in the long run, or for people who are drowning in stat boosts because it takes quite a few to get a whole team of dinos up to tier 6-8.

2 Likes

Also a quick note that I just thought of. Attack and speed boost will out weigh Health boosts when you’re facing them. It’s basically two offensive boost versus one defensive boost

1 Like

That’s also the problem too, you can’t hide behind just health since speed and damage is against you. Also armor and shields means nothing since Thor has those defense shattering attacks.

Let me ask you one question, before 1.7, what dinos can counter thor?

So, right now, you do NOT evenly boost your team when you know quite many people will oost thor’s damage. Now you only boost those counter dinos’ health a bit more. For example, you boost less now for erlidominus but more on diloracheirus or magnapyritor etc.

My team: diloracheirus tier 6, magnapyritor tier 6, and I had no big problem facing high level thor or tryko. Other less health dino cannot survive thor before update 1.7 anyway.

2 Likes

True. again, what changed? before 1.7, armor and shields meant anything?
Even speed, a tier 5 thor is still slower than any fast dinos … plus, people boost fast dinos anyway.

1 Like