Ludia Forums

Boosts 2.0 costs

100% agree with you on that point :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They are out of their minds!!! First they devalue all of our previously purchased stat boosts then they make it 100 to move up one tier and now they want to charge nearly $20 hard cash to move up a tier!!! And when you move up a tier it’s barely 25 or 30 points when it used to be sometimes a hundred points or more for a tier!!! They are off their rockers. What a rip off. I am sorry that I ever spent a penny on this piece of garbage. Unreal!!!

6 Likes

Yeah, i couldnt help but chuckle when i read the original responses to boosts 2.0 once the real mechanics were posted…

Most people saw level cap on boosts= I saw excuse to sell unlimited boosts and we have that now… its just requires a grind.

Slow rollout… lol above pretty much killed that perk.

I cant help but wonder why anyone really expected anything else from Ludia… their whole mantra has always been predatory purchases aimed specifically at the top 1%…its in all their games… take some time read the other games forums.

This is a company that can put a confirmation popup that your about to be declining their free trial or a one time offer… but cant be bothered to put the same confirmation on an in store purchase.

Ludia but be a sub par developer but they sure have some good salesman. The balance that everyone loved so much about boosts 2.0 will be taking a leave of absence until a later date.

Between those that sped up incubators, those that who made the purchases even with hard cash… means pressure is being applied to the community at large… and we will be faced with watching your team slowly become less and less effective. Or buy into to this new system.

7 Likes

They’re getting Leedia and Leedia lol

Just following Jernstrom’s playbook perhaps?

I can just see one of the Ludia marketing execs now, “Hey guys, I really need to remodel the kitchen at my house next month. Let’s get those boosts back up in the store okay?”

“Sure boss, given the changes though, what price should they be?”

“You’re asking me about pricing!?? Only two words you need to think about… Kitchen Remodel. Now get to it!”

4 Likes

This is a good point actually, has Ludia LIED to us? They stated the “fixed” stat boost distribution above. They stated each end-game player should be able to gain enough Stat Boost Points to boost one creature’s stat per week

Now in the Q&A for Stat Boost 2.0 they said this:

So lets take a look at this for example. Let’s go with Health Boost for this example.

SBP Strike Event = 25 Health Boosts
Daily Battle Incubators = 7x5 35 (i’m thinking 5 is max right? I know Lockwood Library you get 4)

So far assuming above is correct that would be 60 Health Boosts.

So we also get the following in battle incubators:

15m = 1
3hr = 2
8hr = 3

I believe this is correct. However, there is no guarantee you will get Health boost from those as you only get one type of boost by RNG.

So if I am correct, you are only guaranteed at end-game player to guarantee 60 boost points for one stat based on the type of boost in the strike tower as that gives 25.

So how is anyone getting 100 boosts for one stat type in a week (without buying)?

Has @Jorge lied to us? Or have I miscalculated something here?

3 Likes

I know they didn’t do it on purpose, but oh well. I’ll appreciate the unintended side effect.

Max boosts in the DBI is 4 boosts per each stat. Even in Gyro and Shores.

So that means 25 for strike tower and 28 for DBI’s.

So that’s 53 boosts for one type of stat. Then on top of that you “may” get 1, 2, or 3 from battle incubators but it is RNG as to which type of stat you get.

So this 100 per week for one stat type is a load of garbage?

2 Likes

They said you would get ENOUGH to boost a stat but not be able to. My be slightly deceptive verbiage but not a lie. You can get 100 a week they just will be different stats

1 Like

Also take into consideration that one dinosaur might be 80 boosts away from a speed tier, while it might just be 4 away from a different stat.

1 Like

it’s because speed is still the only thing that matters. and you could get 500 cash for free from alliance missions and SDs to be able to buy the speed pack on sunday. now you either have to spend real money to buy cash up to 1000/2000, or F2P fall behind only getting them every other week.

and you only get 4 from daily incs and you need 100 per tier. so 25 days for one tier boost for F2P

they think they’re smart wording the reset in a way that is “best for the community” when in reality one of their number crunchers just figured out a way to earn more money destroy the game quicker

3 Likes

Ok so explain this then…

“The goal is that each end-game player should be able to gain enough Stat Boost Points to boost one creature’s stat per week, whether that’s for the 10th Tier or for the first one. Players who want to spend extra time interacting with all facets of the game for extended periods of time will be able to apply more than one boost per week for free.

How is this even possible for free???

7 Likes

Buying stuff from market = interacting with 1 facet of the game, with free hard cash. Ludia, the riddle master.

1 Like

I still can’t see how it is possible.

In one week you’ll get 25 of one type from strike tower, 35 of each type from DBIs, and measley amounts from battle incubators. You can collect HC from drops and alliance mission, but surely you won’t collect enough to make up for the remainder of the boosts needed to buy in store.

So how can someone for free get 200 boosts a week without $$$?

1 Like

The key word is ENOUGH, 100 per tier so gaining 100 is ENOUGH even if you can’t boost because they’re not all the same. Eventually you would have enough to level speed then defense next week then atk but it will take a few weeks to start working that way. As I said, deceptive but not actually incorrect

1 Like

So you are saying you could boost 2 stats per week for free? Because that is what the bolded part says.

With increased interaction yes… again… deceptive but correct. By speeding up incubators and by doing your dailies every 21 hours instead of 24. They didnt say 2 per week for free they said 1 free 2 with increased interaction… I realise its complex but they didn’t “lie” they used deceptive verbiage

1 Like

I still fail to see how someone can apply 2 stat boosts a week. Work out the extended interaction and what you get and see if you get 100 health and 100 attack in one week.

Because you only get 25 of one type from strike tower. That means you still need 75 of one type and 100 of the other type from DBI’s and battle incubator.

And that is every week, because they stated apply more than one boost per week.

So tell me where are these 200 a week coming from?

Magic! Tapjoy offers?

1 Like