Ludia Forums

Boosts: 9700 vs 0

Check out this battle team I faced. Three of the creatures had max boosts. Total boosts used for these 4 was 9,700. Against my 0.

And I almost won.

7 Likes

Wow. Was it a good match? That looks incredibly difficult to deal with.

1 Like

Congrats on the near win!

That many boosts is just obscene in my humble opinion. And it that in library?

1 Like

Glad it wasn’t me that encountered that team. :slightly_smiling_face:

The opponent made some big mistakes. Used Cloak for Erlidom when I had Stegodeus pull out its Shield. Stuff like that.

I assume he relied on the Boosts vs strategy. But then again, he did win on his last shot before I would have.

4 Likes

For some people the boosts are just a crutch because they don’t know how to battle.

7 Likes

I don’t know who to feel worse for…you for having to face such a team of Stupidosaurs, or them for wasting so much money =/

6 Likes

As I said in another thread - you may be able to buy boosts, but you can’t buy strategy.

4 Likes

And yet despite making mistakes he still won… so who needs strategy when you have boosts.

5 Likes
3 Likes

“…who needs strategy when you have boosts”

That is true. However this particular player only has 200 more trophies than I do completely Unboosted.

4 Likes

I’m actually impressed with how slow that erlidom is.
Damage is nice and all, but you have to go first with him.

2 Likes

Its most likely why he just automatically defaults to cloaking… not a good strategy.

2 Likes

Yes, there is only so far that strategy can take you.

I have, however, beaten teams that were much stronger (because of boosts), but they had no idea how to play them. One guys kept using distraction against my IG2. “Hey, if it didn’t work the first time you tried it, it probably won’t the second time.”

2 Likes

Everyone who wants to.progress. Boosts can cover strategy until.you reach Gyro Depot. Then you need to at least know how to use your team well.

The fact with a.difference of 20 tiers of boosts on average and the player still struggles to beat opponents means this player will not progress far. The boosts are.correctly placed but if you expect boosts alone to make the diff then then you, the boosted player, are what is wrong with arena. Similar concept to a dropper.

1 Like

When everyone is boosted then strategy comes in. I have lost to weaker teams due to bad strategy or just bad predictions.

A team like.this would be mincemeat in Gyro Depot because its too dependent on boost differential to be able to deal with actual strategy.

3 Likes

In the match I played he was low lvl. Only thing that got him/her into Library was the boosts. Seems like they did not have much experience battling, so made sense. People like that don’t make it to Gyro honestly, unless they learn how to play better.

1 Like

had a match today that was down to the wire. my unboosted lv 22 procerath (took 199 damage) against a fresh lv 21 boosted orion. it was faster and could’ve won in 2 hits, but they played it bad. went long invincibility while i went null strike. Then tried to null rampage (if it crit they won) while i went DR. they did not get the crit.

3 Likes

I laugh at how this guy Erli’s boosted. As soon as they put a foot in the depot, they’ll be constantly outspeeded and butchered in a very bad way :smiley: