Boosts are a great idea! Thank you ludia

14 Likes

Just stop it already. They won’t remove them or change them. We just need to live with the fact this is a MOBILE GAME and should be held to a low standard. If anything, we got off easy.

9 Likes

I’ve made it a goal to get my thor counters to 150 speed. Will take months, but it’s my current goal.

5 Likes

By the time you are done, Thor will no longer be a viable PvP dinosaur and your effort will have been pointless. Current trends are leaving Thor out of team. All those people using speed on It will regret it the same as those who heavily invested on the rat…

4 Likes

Battled a 140 speed Croc level 30 Sarcorixis it’s other stats were through the roof as well couldn’t do anything about it with what was chosen for me got nothing 140 speed anyway, so I would of struggled with a different line up I just sent the yawn emoji and watched as my team was destroyed :joy:

3 Likes

I think they need to keep everything the way it is except cut max speed boost from 20 to 10, this makes the max speed it’s base stat + 20 instead of + 40.

3 Likes

It’s extremely pathetic but just let them have their cheap win. If it makes them feel better about themselves, whatever. Next battle!

5 Likes

Difference being150 speed is not something I’ll regret on magna, erl, and zorion.

4 Likes

The thing is that you can’t blame Ludia, it’s purely down to the person who thought it would be a good idea put all those boosts onto that Thor.

On second thoughts, I hate boosts and think they added nothing whatsoever to the game other than the frustration of seeing the only true balance disappear, but as others have said, there’s nothing we can do about them except hope people aren’t going to abuse them.

10 Likes

I think speed boost ruined any balancing that might have been had in the past, but at least the current boost system is better than the first iteration.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure Ludia now knows that boosts were a bad idea :wink:

7 Likes

:rofl:

Their income has been down by a considerable level since they devalued the boosts in the mini update 1.10.

And rightly so.

7 Likes

They need to go away

1 Like

This is what the boring emote is for @jvpeters :sweat_smile:

In all seriousness tho, boosting a single Dino into oblivion is extremely shortsighted. The competition will catch up and surpass you soon enough.

(I.e. the top speed for Erlidom and Spyx is 169, what’s the 149 Thor gunna do then ?)

3 Likes

fun fact: they are not gonna listen to this, I’ll bet you a pack of 2000 of each boost

2 Likes

Yep @Hersh, it’s exactly what I used that emote for (before turning off the silly things).

Ran into two of these beauties this morning in fact. Their teams were 27-28 (still higher than mine) and then they trot out their roided out Thor. Played it out anyway, to get two dinos toward the daily, but really wanted to just walk away. The other Thor was over 6K health.

Not sure there is anything to be done. Matchmaking stinks, but it always will with boosts. These teams will lose without the precious overboosted Thor, which I guess is why their trophy level is low.

3 Likes

You’re right, can’t do much in these situations… just gotta move past it and remember it’s just a game. People will always find news ways to troll.

3 Likes

The worst part about this is it ruins the arena. Battling was arguably the best part of the game and what kept me coming back. Boosts are driving people away and significantly shortening the longevity of this game. This is what you call penny wise and dollar dumb

9 Likes

You’re 100% right.
They were a big reason, though not the only reason, I took a break.

I’ve become more ambivalent when I see a team like that now though. I certainly don’t feel like I‘m at a loss, the opponent just doped and roided up their team is all.

(Also, knowing you’re more financially responsible is a bigger win than any JWA match could ever be)

5 Likes

Just an amazing statement @Hersh. Someone on this forum called me homeless because I don’t like boosts. In reality wife, kids, and bills come before some over priced game

14 Likes