Ludia Forums

Boss kill animation

I understand that the devs worked very hard and the boss kill animation is nice, however, I’ve watched the devil in light finger estates die well over 2000 times now.

Can the devs PLEASE for the of all that is holy, add a tap to skip like what is on the critical hit animation?

Just for reference: 2000 times, at 5 seconds = 10,000 seconds.

Which is 166 minutes

Which is 2.7 hours of watching that stupid demon scream over and over.

4 Likes

I agree. I have fantasized about reaching into my device and crushing the demon just to end the cut-screen. And don’t get me started on the 20 seconds it takes for Jarlaxle to launch an attack in battle mode.

I and others have suggested in the past that a “kill switch” is needed due to the massive quantity of time consuming animations, cut-screens and [expletive deleted] pop-ups. This simple yet necessary fix was first suggested early during beta, and should have been implemented prior to release. The amount of time wasted on this nonsense is a factor players consider when determining if an app is “playable”.

[ Note: This post is an opinion piece only. My opinion is based upon analysis of game play observations and comments shared in various forums. In no way are these comments intended to be construed as insulting or disrespectful. ]

I think I have killed him +20k times…so it’s more than a whole day :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

1 Like

It’s sad when constructive criticism gets flagged, but flagrantly rude comments about social status are ignored. What is the matter with planet Earth that people cannot voice their thoughts or opinions without being rude and/or censured? :sleepy:

1 Like

@Keith whacha think? Do you believe it would be possible to pass along the suggestion?

No problem, I will pass onto the team that players would like a skip function for animations.

1 Like

Hello Adventurers, I have spoken to the team, and currently removing/skipping the death animation of bosses while possible would not save you any time. The game uses the animation time to load that next area of the challenge. Without the animation, you would still need to wait roughly the same amount of time until proceeding with the challenge.

1 Like

I’m going to respectfully disagree, because you still have the running to the hallway after Animation, even in items like raids that only has the same boss over and over.

Although I am not current on coding practices, and earlier today another player identified me as a fool who knows little about anything, I will nonetheless make a proposition in support of Ludia. I can see a few reasons which might explain the requirement for longer loading times after bosses are killed in rooms 3, 6 and 9. For instance, it is possible that raid events have been designed to load data in smaller chunks on a more frequent basis, while the challenges might instead delay load data into memory until the bosses are killed. I am not suggesting this is a fact, but only use it as an example. This practice was very common in earlier days of low RAM systems when we commonly referred to ‘coding’ as ‘programming.’

[ Note: This post is pure conjecture. Do not mistake anything I have said as factual. In no way are these comments intended to be construed as insulting or disrespectful toward the developer or players. Additionally, no effort has been made to meet the strict editorial requirements presented earlier by another unnamed user. ]

@Keith the current raid, the boss death animation is 2-3 seconds. The demon death animation is 5-6 seconds (double at the very least). How come it wouldn’t save any time to have a skip animation if the animations aren’t even the same length?