Ludia Forums

Boss Raid Change for JWTG

So @Jurassic_Fury and I were talking and he came up with the idea for multiplayer boss raids.

First thing, the boss would have its health scaled to the amount of people in the raid. Basically it would go like this for the health: 1 person, normal health, 2 people double health, 3 people triple the health, 4 people quadruple the health. Attack would be unaffected. However, now that there are 4 people, the boss does this for attacks: 1-3 attack targets the least block, 4-5 targets everyone, and 6-8 targets highest block. And there could be an option for a “group shield”, where you could sacrifice 2 points to give everyone a block, and everyone can pitch in 2 points one time per round, getting 4 total, then allocating the rest into whatever the player chooses.
The unlockable bosses could also be able to play in the boss raids, and the raids giving out a bit of boss dna for the rewards as well as normal dna. Plus the rewards you will need to do yourself. The teammates can help deal damage, but the damage you deal is the only damage counted, as well has amount of blocks, team composition, reserves used, and attack points used. But having an extra card pack for everyone based on the amount of damage might be cool. Though maybe nothing too good, like a Golden rewards at best, but the option to choose a lower level reward and given a small compensation (a little bit of bucks and dna) could be available. And I do think that there could be something like an average ferocity calculated between the teams. So that way someone can’t just grab a bunch of alts, pull out an Indoraptor, and go ham, getting free rewards. Maybe in the lobby screen, you could also see the teams of your fellow raids. It wouldn’t really matter, but could be fun.

What do y’all think? Good idea or no. If needed I can try to give more details.

8 Likes

Perfect! :100:

2 Likes

I understand nothing at all, but since that comes from @Jurassic_Fury that must be cool

3 Likes

I’m impressed… But I just casually brought up this thought, the credit is @Cheeseeater’s who elaborated on it and made it take shape. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

congratulations to both of you, I managed to figure out the game with (the more players the bigger the boss’s HP) is it’s cool.

2 Likes

Would you like me to break it down a little more?

3 Likes

no it will be fine, my brain can do it itself.

2 Likes

I understood better, I already imagined a boss fight! since the bosses can be used in his raid, imagined that the opponent is alpha 06, a fight against omega vs alpha! :star_struck:

3 Likes

This was brought up back before the playable bosses were released as some of us were hoping they would be introducing smaller scale “raid” boss functionality that is similar to the world boss events but on a smaller scale for smaller group participation. Sadly that was not what we got and instead got the current playable boss functionality. At the time I think we were told that feature exists in JWA and there was not a current plan to bring it to JWTG. But that was 5 or 6 months ago now so maybe? But they would have to do a major overhaul to the game / the way players interact to allow across device communication in order to pull something off like this.

I do hope that some sort of multiplayer functionality will come to the game other than the world boss / community events, but I also know the chances of this would be very very slim.

5 Likes

Although that sounds fun, I can see myself getting bored of it eventually as even though it’s multiplayer, it would still not feel much different than the current boss fights imo hence probably not worth the time ludia will have to spend to develop this.

If we do get a more multiplayer aspect, I would rather like to have actual pvp and/or being able to helps others parks like in JPB than multiplayer raids.

3 Likes

@Sionsith, you’re correct that it would require major overhaul which would probably make the Game even laggier and slower.

Jurassic World Alive is already pixelated enough on my tablet, as for the phones in my house the resolution of Alive is decent but the lag makes me want to pull my hair out. I wouldn’t want The Game having the same fate.

Myself and Cheese just talked on this idea as a regular timepass without hope of Ludia implementing it — more of a fanfiction kind of thing.

3 Likes

it would be too good if we could name our park, so we could look up the name of another park and visit it! Obviously, if we collect food, DNA, coins and money, it would be for the user of the park, and we will not be able to sell the dinosaurs from the other park.

1 Like

This a good idea, would love playing with friends but only if the reward are pack not wheels with 99.9999999% food and coin

1 Like