Ludia Forums

Buff Testacornibus!

Made from two epics and an exclusive rare. I think that’s enough of a reason to buff it.
40% armor is nice but DSR and APR are everywhere in the arena so it doesn’t really wall very well. It can be easily taken out before it gets to use devastation. Change devastation’s delay from two turns to one turn would be fantastic. If that’s impossible I wouldn’t mind it getting defense shattering devastation. To sum it up, I think it’s too weak now. It deserves to be in a higher tier

3 Likes

It is really good right now

2 Likes

It’s a lot better, but it’s not fantastic. I would honestly say give it resilient rampage instead of devastation. That way it deals massive damage every 2 turns with SV and rampage instead of waiting 2 turns for a big multiplier. Or do the diplo to gemini thing by upgrading superiority impact from euclado to superior vulnerability impact

5 Likes

I’d replace Resilient Impact with Carbotoceratops’ multi-turn Vulnerability move, and maybe buff it’s attack damage. Since Vulnerability stacks, it wouldn’t miss the Impact much.

Also give it a better SIA, and Immunity to DoT. I think Immunity to DoT and Deceleration are the only ones it really needed. Then it could be an anti-bleeder tank, countered by the fierce Uniques, since they’re resistant or Immune to Vulnerability.

5 Likes

Testacornibus is designed for a very different style of gameplay. It needs some change.

Yep. It would’nt hurt to make less creatures Immune to Vulnerability too.

Lol testa is one of the best dinos in the game right now. It doesn’t need a buff. When revenge killing, it can beat many tanks h2h and that is only part of its arsenal. When injured, it can swap out and swap in again to heal off the damage. Not only that but it has absolutely amazing synergy with swap in attackers with vulnerability. I spent all my tapjoy cash on rare scents to dart nasuto so I could get testa to 28. Imo it is low tyrant and is very underrated

2 Likes

So how does that go then? Could you give us a demonstration? :joy:

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s probably good situationally, but it will always lose to the more conventional choices. Immunity/resistance to Vulnerability is common too.
But putting the general consensus aside for a second, are there any impressive achievements you managed to pull off with yours?
I might level my own (for fun, and in the hopes of a buff).
Even in case of a buff though, it isn’t going to become relevant unless it becomes fierce or the existing cunning creatures become more relevant.

2 Likes

my level 28 testa has proven amazing on my average level 30 team. you vulnerable and then swap in monolorhino or monostego in to deal massive damage. Even if I don’t draw either of those, testa can still revenge kill and gain a huge lead in 1v1 matchups.

1 Like

nope,no more DSR,you are welcome

1 Like

:joy: I’m not advocating for it to become fierce, I very much want the whole Vulnerability+Devastation gimmick to work. I’m just trying to be accurate. Ludia does stuff like that sometimes.

1 Like

I just got to unlock it and I can try it in an upcoming Unique tournament, but surely it desperately needs a buff in the current meta. 1000 atk at 26 lvl is a joke, just like it is on Mammolania, but worse, since Testa can’t buff its attack. With low damage and no defense shattering or even armor piercing, I’m afraid it’s only somewhat useful against speedsters, unlike some other tanks which can easily negate its 40% armor.
Also, you need tons of exclusive Nasuto DNA to level it aaand it’s not gonna shine in raids either… just not worth it in the current meta.

1 Like

it has vulnerability to boost the attack. Also, testa is almost never used in 1v1. When it has set up, it beats many tanks and chompers. Setting up isn’t difficult either with its speed and 1.5k damage with vulnerability. This alone wouldn’t make it top tier, but it can also swap in and out of counters with swap in heal to deal more and more damage. That isn’t even the end of it. I just listed what testa can do by itself. You see testa is decent by itself, but not great. Where it really shines is team synergy, particularly with sv. With sv, it can combo into swap in damage dinos to deal massive damage. Even if you don’t draw swap in damage dinos, you can still use it last turn to set up your revenge killer to revenge kill off a higher hp. So all in all, I think testa is strong but balanced and doesn’t need a buff not nerf.

Tasta is good, the only thing that ruins it, is the same that ruins every creature that doesn’t go through shields: Instant Invincibility working for two turns :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s okay,you have given me a nice laugh.