Ludia Forums

Bug/Crash

Hi Ludia Team,

I hate to be a burden but it’s been nearly 2 months since I’ve been able to play your game, I have cleared my cache/data, uninstalled/reinstalled and when I put my 5 interest preferences in, it crashes and comes up with " “Error L1-5” and to be quite frank, I’m annoyed, I’ve paid money to get gems and I can’t even use them because the game doesn’t work.

I’ve brought it to your attention before and I didn’t get an explanation to why I had issues just that they are working on it, but again, that was nearly 2 months ago so I’m wondering what is going on because I feel as though I have wasted my money on a game that doesn’t work.

Hey Mandahh, I’m really sorry to hear that you have not been able to play the game due to this error.

At the moment, I don’t have an ETA on when a fix will be implemented, but please rest assured that our team is still working hard behind the scenes to try and get this issue resolved.

If you haven’t already, could I ask you to send an email to our support team at support+lovelink@ludia.com with your support key so our team can try and make things right for you?

Thank you for your patience!