Ludia Forums

[Calendar] Special Quests | August 24 - 30, 2020

This week features TWO Trust Events! Get ready to gain Toothless and Grump’s Trust this Thursday (8/27)!

Note: All Quests and Trust Events start at 10 AM (ET). If any changes occur, we’ll be sure to update it here.

6 Likes

Are you serious, why 2 Trust Events? Isn’t 1 enough? Or we’re getting a break next week :thinking:

We thought this was a bug in my alliance, people are complaining they won’t be able to do both in 1 week. Those who aren’t done with Toothless anyway.

1 Like

To be honest while alot of people might not like it, I personally really like this format since it’s easyer to get the dragons that you aim for, even if let’s say, you don’t have at least one of them at 5* and you choose to do only one event (in this scenario let’s say that we are gonna do the grump event) now, while you were unable to do the Toothless event, it will still come twice as fast next time (you’re gonna have to wait over 4 weeks instead of 9, wich is great) we kinda needed this update since we will most likely get 5 new weekly TP dragons.

Also, you can still complete both events in one day and on the top of that make at least one reset, most players can gather up to 70 energy, wich means that you can complete one of the 2 events, reset it, and then just gather enough energy to complete the stages left (wich with the duty chest isn’t that hard).

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Also, my Toothy is 5-starred+. I’m commenting on the principle here.

1 Like

Not sure why having 2 tp events at once is any different than every holiday dragon we have had so far. Same amount of quests and same amount of time and energy needed.

2 Likes

It’s exactly why it’s a problem. Yearly TP events are a hard grind, tiring. Even regular TP events are tiring… Doing 1 every week. For so many months. And now it’s going to be so we have 2 rounds/day like in yearly TP events every week? Well peachy, what can I tell you lol. It is too much period. We don’t want more yearly TP events, we don’t want every week to be a grind almost at yearly TP events’ level. We’ll have to choose I guess, but the whole thing will be tougher for the people who can’t do this at all, because most of their TP dragons are unfinished, and these people I got to represent here as I’m their chief. And I say it, if Ludia makes the game more exhausting to play, and she’s heading there, I do doubt that that’ll increase the playerbase.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you think having 2 trust events instead of 1 is problematic. There shouldn’t really be any negative effects.

I mean if you only focus on 1 of them each week you’d just be in the same situation as it was before when there was only 1 trust event. It’ll also make sure you are less pressured to participate in them, cuz it’ll only take half the time for a specific trust event to return.

I see it as a great thing for both long time players and for those that just started out. the long time players will have less “boring” weeks (those were no events take place that are useful to them cuz they got most of the 5* trust dragons maxed out) and newer players will have an easier time to get trust for their favourite trust dragon.

6 Likes

Exactly! And even if you are a new player, you can max out a specific event dragon faster than before.

2 Likes

:mag: :eyes:

5 Likes

Neat! I’m glad we can go through regular TP dragons faster.

2 Likes

This 2 dragon event is just away for people to spend more money on ruins. But what I’m sick of is the bugs in arena & Alpha battles it seems to freeze alot and to keep your win streak you have to spend ruins 150 the 1st time then 300 the 2nd time which isn’t far it should be free until they fix there bug or just have it 150 ruins each time. Why are we being penalized for their bugs

1 Like

You don’t need to spend or buy runes at all, even if there are 2 dragons at once. There is enough energy during the day to allow you to complete both.
I like this format and I hope it will stay this way for the rest of TP dragons.

3 Likes

Your suggestion has made autoplay not count for several duties. Of course, the way you suggested it it was like you were looking for a way for boosters to be added, which make games tiring. They didn’t implement it the way you suggested or the way I understood what you suggested, which gave benefits… But as always came half baked. If I only do auto I don’t open chest. I have to do other stuff on the sidelines or else no daily chest in sight, even if I’m careful to do the auto in parts to complete the fewer duties that can be. But that wasn’t the topic here, was it? You just had to bring it up to insult me.

With how much time you spend on your alts and other things, I hardly think you’re in any place to judge my wanting to have time for my 1 alt that I work on. And I’m not really doing Trust Events on it yet either… Not enough power, have not finished enough events with main account, and basically only the yearly ones I have to do.

It’s a fact that several have finished the Trust Events and I understand that, but Trust Events require me to time the rounds well, and to fill the rounds on 2 Trust Events simultaneously, I’m grinding like a maniac for the extra energy. I have to open chests not for the TP but the energy. 1 round is 59 bolts but 2 are 118. Full energy is 70 so I can’t do it all at once. Also, it takes 2x the time to play the quests, with Arena included as I got to use it for energy. 1h instead of 20min. Doing weekly Trust Event before only required 20min of me before - with full energy. And I could opt to not do Arena unless I really needed something.

After a year of doing Trust Events, I’d hope to have it less hectic so I can relax and focus on other stuff. It got really monotonous. :frowning:

I don’t doubt that for some the quicker alternation of TE may actually help them grow faster if they’re selective enough - and that’s the only solution as apparently the new system came to stay - and I plan on being selective when I can afford to. I can’t however allow myself to lay behind on new TP dragons released in parallel to dragons I want to finish… This means I get to grind this week (collecting 400TP to finish LightFury and 500 on Shatter who’s new), which isn’t the rhythm of gameplay I enjoy. It’s like fighting for a big challenge but then getting drained over doing less stuff.

For other people it’s a given they’ll use all energy, for me, I’m not that much of an endgamer. We all have our rhythms. I never did 3 chests/day as that’s too grindy, well I find yearly TE too grindy but we used to have big intervals in-between, with less demanding TE per week. This grind is similar to me, and yes, it’s affecting my game - I would have preferred to not have 2 TE I want to do in 1 week like this one… Previous, with Grump, was no issue really - my Toothy is done so there’s only Grump and it was up to me. Next week, possibly may be worse (not sure what’s coming).

But I guess, my complaint is more because of how we got to do same thing a second time instead of… something different. I may have looked at a new feature differently. After all, I remember we’ve asked for different stuff and them not coming through… This looks like a not-very-thorough solution on Ludia’s part on the fact that some dragons come over too rarely with how many Trust Events we’ve accumulated, one that in some cases stay a solution and in others becomes a problem itself and demands the solution of selectivity – which also comes with a price.

It becomes pretty obvious nothing would work for all of us, but then again, I don’t remember any of us asked, and I am also very disappointed on the fact that us playerbase can never think with unity over stuff.

Somehow, you and your own find insult over me not liking a feature and wanting more time for my life. Something that’s only reasonable for any individual who feels like they’re getting burdened from a point and on

And no contradictory at all, when I cut ties off with stuff and people that burden me, and I think you know what I mean, no further reply or antagony needed. The time I spend on these forums are telling enough, I don’t check notifications daily but once in a while.

1 Like

And this for @Ludia. Since when typing 1 word in capitals for emphasis is shouting? If I want to be aggressive, I can use heavy sarcasm and stuff. You have no idea how to implement your own rules. And how to not discourage people from participating on these forums :frowning:

I never posted all capitals, I know you interpret it as shouting (even as once upon a time capitals was the way as they required less effort; I don’t have that problem as I’m well acquainted with technology)
But 1 word is jeez. Once again, moderated for nothing.

I just never thought there’s this much of a double standard over here, I didn’t remember how to use bold on these forums because I spend less time here. But no worries over there, I’ve edited

1 Like

They will have to do something to make the cycle go faster to make trust dragons attainable. That’s one way to do it, maybe not the bestway to deal with the problem but I think it’s good. Maybe you would like to be able to choose from two dragons but only allowed to participate in one event every week? Like when you start one and the other would disappear?

1 Like

Yeah, I said I recognize that mate. We have so many TE I should have seen it coming

1 Like

But I didn’t and in my alliance we really thought it was a bug at first xD I logged in here to see if it is, order isn’t
And me being me, I had to comment on it. And represent me and mine :smirk:

1 Like

Kind of remind me of the time when Rise of Berk changed dragon roost from 6 * 6 to 5 * 5, and some people complain about it that it would make it impossible to fully use some islands’ space or it would make it seem cramped and asked them to change it back, which I thought was ridiculous.

1 Like