Ludia Forums

[Calendar] Special Quests | Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2020

We’re kicking off the New Year with a bang! Celebrate new beginnings with a new Trust Event featuring New Year Stormfly.

Note: All Quests and Trust Events start at 10AM (ET). If any changes occur, we’ll be sure to update it here.

2 Likes

Again no species quests :angry::angry::angry:

1 Like

4 weeks in a row only 1 event in calendar… It’s BORING
We lose premium draft tokens and dragon copies because of lack of species events

5 Likes

No species quests and only god knows what they could have also removed.

4 Likes

Personally i don’t mind not having the species quests (though they were really nice), but would it be possible to just have some of the regular quests along side it (if they chose not to make the special species quest return), such as basic bout/superior brawl etc?

2 Likes

The key still shows species quests, they aren’t doing on this week, but since it is in the key, those will probably more than likely be back.

@FlyingWolfPuppy There are several types of Species Quests though.

1. Bring Your own / Try Out (lasting 1 day)
  2. Ranking Run
  3. Bring Your Own / Try Out (over the span of 4 days and linked to event dragon)

Most people here are talking about the 3rd type of Species quest, which were really great since you could get in each of them a total of 50 trust points (or 300 cuz there were normally 6 of them over the course of the event) and some other great resources such as a premium draft or a 4* dragon. But as we can see there aren’t gonna be any of those along side New Year Stormfly’s event so in all likelihood they don’t intend on having them return at all.

In my opinion we do really need to have something along side it cuz right now we can only really play repeatable quests or the trust trial stages during the event and that tends to get quite boring when you do that for 2 weeks long. (you could try to do some battles in exploration, but that would make it a lot more difficult to get duty chests which is something you really don’t want to do as it gives you event trust).

4 Likes

Energy rebalancing
There are 1 energy in 10 mins and 6 energy in 1 hour right now. Max is 70. Better to change it to 1 energy in 5 mins and 12 energy in 1 hour, max increases to 140/150. But energy requirments for battle are staying the same (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12 energy per battle).
It seems, that Ludia is going to add more and more special events’ dragons, so regular TP dragons will be rarer. 12-15 Dec is last time when was regular TP dragon.
Rebalancing helps to save regular TP events during special events (with species quests) in calendar.
Windshear and Grump TP aren’t still in Thrawfest Emporium

4 Likes

I suspect we’ve had fewer events over the last two weeks because Ludia’s offices are closed and therefore they can’t support if something goes wrong.

But I agree - I miss the additional quests that provide a variety of non-standard resources like the drafts you get from Basic Bouts and Superior Scuffles. I have completely run through my bank of free drafts for the draft duty.

2 Likes

Could we slow down a bit on the special event dragon bonanza? It is getting a bit out of hand and I honestly rather have the regular TP dragons then a new special one each month that’s is only available that month. With all the time gated TP stuff it gets hard for f2p players to farm resources as the energy just runs out.

3 Likes

It is just a holiday time (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year). It is not devs fault that they are crumbled all in the past 3 months and are not spread through the whole year. Why we all just won’t enjoy holidays instead of complaining?

Well they are apparently also gonna make some for Valentine (Light Fury), Easter, Saint Patrick’s day, … So there are gonna be a lot more and doubt we’ll have much time in between those.

Cool… where do you get this info from? Have there been any announcements?

Someone got it through data-mining and posted it in the TU Discord.