Camp Cretaceous Season 4 discussion

Here’s a thread to talk about CC season 4

Theories, thoughts, future seasons?

I haven’t watched it yet, but I’ll be posting on here as soon as I do!!!

1 Like

show was good. Just wished there would be more new species. Big plot twist at the end

4 Likes

I haven’t watched it because my subscription ended so I want as much spoilers as possible to at least understand the videos analyzing it.

1 Like

The season was not bad but not the best. I liked the return of Spinosaurus, Bumpy and Dilophosaurus but that’s about it. I confess that I liked the new hybrid of Sino and Spino.

1 Like

I’ve watched 4 episodes so far, so no spoilers for me!

1 Like

I give it a 6-7/10. I feel like it was more a stepping stone season like season 1, just setting things up for bigger stuff to come. A lot less dinos, and some of the Sci-fi stuff was starting to get just a bit too outlandish.

I do wish a lot more stuff was elaborate on but it probably will be brought up next season like: is the trex the doe? She said they got the Rexes from Sorna (probably the same with the spino) so were there just other rexes? Or it is the Doe and it and it’s daughter got captured? Where did they acquire the dilos from? How about the kentro? We know they can’t exactly make Dinos as well as InGen, so they had to get it from one of the two other isles. Where exactly are we? We can see from a small glimpse of a map that it’s a pretty big island and the facility is only a small portion, so is another of the five deaths? How did Kenji not know who his dad worked for/ was the head CEO of ? What about Darius’ brother? Also I hate that bumpy scene, hits you right in the feels🥺 they can’t do that to me. Was actually interesting to see PTSD actually be addressed in kids media, like yeah almost dying so many times probably would impact the psychi of a child.That scene with baby brachi being controlled was actually pretty disturbing, like other media use mind control too and or brain washing. But to watch this poor baby lose total control of its body and just be stuck there, with absolute terror in its eyes and breathing heavily as it no longer has control of its body but fully aware of everything that’ happening. Like holy cow that was dark.
Romance was cute never really thought of Brooklyn and Kenji as a couple but they’re cute, and I’m glad it is not like. I love you, I love you too, smooch smooch. It more realistic, awkward and toned to how two teens would probably act as a couple

5 Likes

definitely gonna save my spino and sino dna.

3 Likes

This contains spoilers for basically the entire season

Didn’t enjoy this season as much as the last, definitely had some cool moments like the spino chase and the dilo ambush. Some parts of it were too random like Brooklyn and Kenji’s relationship and the weird sino-spino things. I’m still sad about the compy, poor thing made it so far ;-;

On another note, I’m glad they kept the spino and Big Eatie away from each other , loved them both so I’m glad I didn’t have to take sides again

4 Likes

Absolutely. I like both Rex and Spino, thankfully Season 4 made it so that we could be amazed by both in their separate ways instead of having to choose one lol. Agreed that the compy scene was pretty saddening.

Loved the Dilophos return though, definitely in my top 5 list of the season.

4 Likes

the director said it is not one of the five deaths

Spinoceratops

1 Like

Not as good as previous seasons but still very enjoyable. I really didn’t like the sci-fi element though. That spoilt it for me as it doesn’t fit with the rest of the JCU.

3 Likes

Agreed. not as good as the other two it wasn’t bad. The question about the brads kash mentioned they had military technology so does mantacorp work with the military? Would have also liked more non dinosaur creatures than smilodon but that opens a lot of possibilities for the future of the franchise. Now to kenjis dad either kenji didn’t knew about his dad being the boss of mantacorp or his dad had a doublife the whole time. Now about the hybrids although they’re just babies they kinda redem hybrids since all other hybrids like indominus or scorpius were just monsters but the new ones are just like normal animals

1 Like

Me either. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ludia added Sinoceratops Gen 1 and probably Gen 2 at the same time.

2 Likes

Or smilodon gen 2

Guys, remember in the first 2 seasons when Kenji never stopped saying that his father was always traveling and that they never got to actually spend time together? This is most likely where his father has been going the whole time and the reason why Kenji never knew about it, and it isn’t some kind of plot between them because his father was actually surprised to see him and Kenji almost had a heart attack lol.
But yeah, Kenji not knowing about it was justified some seasons ago so there isn’t really too much to discuss about.
Although Kenji and Brooklyn look good together, I really, really think that Kenji had a better relationship with Yasmina, but she has Sammy so they probably didn’t want to cut their development, like, in this season they really looked like they were actual sisters so adding Kenji to the mix would make it weird and would break character development. I need to rewatch season 1 and 3 because I’ve seen some people say that there were glimpses already for Kenji and Brooklyn.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO BREAK MY HEART WITH THAT BUMPY SCENE, WAS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE IT SO SENTIMENTAL?! I literally cried when she just stood at the old camp waiting for Ben to return :sneezing_face: I didn’t like the robots at all. Yes, I understand that they’re expanding the lore and showing how much technology has developed, but it just felt too much you know? And it left dinosaurs as a side note, which shouldn’t have happened at all. This leads to my other point and that is the lack of dinosaurs. More species would’ve been good to see, though I’m glad that Kentro and Spino appeared, those two are part of my all time favorites so it was nice, and also glad they didn’t make T-Rex and Spino kill each other, not because of choosing a side but because it would’ve been unnecessary and would’ve divided the community even more.
Darius’s brother is here! Finally we’ll see them back together on season 5, which I hope it’s the very last.
I liked the new Spino-Sino hybrid, never actually expected to see something like that.
Talking about hybrids, I’m very surprised that they actually introduced PTSD on this show. From the beginning I knew this show even if it’s directed to kids it always took a semi-dark path to show more mature stuff from time to time, but to see actual trauma from close-to-death experiences, with the Scorpios, Indominus and the others was very cool and teaching kids about this or at least giving them a glimpse of it in this way was a good call.

Can we agree that we’ll probably see Smilodon Gen 2 in JWA with CC design? It’ll be interesting to see, along with an adult Spinoceratops like they did with Bumpy.

Overall this season was good and it gave me what I expected to see, but still disappointed me in some parts, it just felt that they rushed it, don’t know why but some things just don’t feel right or thoughtfully made, which is why I don’t consider it the best at all. Hope that season 5 is more secure of itself and a good end for this great series.

3 Likes

yep that bumpy scene was sad but it shows that bumpy also misses ben. At least they have new allies in the Brachiosaurus and the new hybrids although it’s unlikely they will be grown up soon

Yep i would love seeing the new smilodon and the new hybrids and of course ceratosaurus. Perhaps giving him a new name and making him a non hybrid legendary

2 Likes

Yep, that Bumpy scene brought me to tears. That’s the reason why my Bumpy is level 21, I love her

Finished watching today.
Overall, it’s pretty decent. Now up ahead, spoiler alert:

They get on the new island, get followed by a poor compy, which I did feel bad for. The Smilodon was interesting, we need that in JWA. Smilodon Gen 2. Now, they find Mae, and why was only 1 scientist hired? To study many biomes. that’s a lot.
Now, Darius did make a call to his bro, Bran. He ends up realizing Darius is alive. But in the following episode, he ends up going somewhere, which I’m interested in. Going to work, college, or report to authorities, idk. Darius gets captured, works with Kash, and all that. The Spino eats the poor Smilo, all that. The Spinoceratops, Angel and Rebel, as well as Firecracker were nice. That Bumpy seen broke my heart, hopefully we’ll see her in Dominion. Now, how did Kash escape? And how did Kenji now know what company his dad works for? Prolly since his travel. Interesting to see what Season 5 has in store

3 Likes

Spino and Dilo are the two most requested dinosaurs. The baby dinos are very cute. And the writers did great at making me hate Kash.

1 Like