Ludia Forums

Can someone explain Dracos swap in

I seriously don’t under this move. It says sawo in for 40% of the targets health… but I’ve swapped in a few that do not have armor and I’ll do like 600 health on a 4 or 5k health dino… Then just now I swapped in on an uncloaked Indom, 4500 heatlh, they had 1k left and I did 900 damage… 40% of 4500 is 1800… I am beyond lost. Are my calculations off or is this thing broken?

Indom has 50% resistance against rending moves. Several other dinos also have this partial immunity, which is why it didn’t cause as much damage as it would have.

2 Likes

Some creatures like indom have rend resist. That will reduce the damage a draco swap in will do.

Dang… I didn’t think of that… :man_facepalming:

Now I just wish if you killed a creature swapping out that it wouldn’t bring in the other creature. Drew a match because they swapped out and my snake killed it, but their turtle still popped in a killed me.

Armor, Rend Resistance, Shields, and Dodge/Cloak can all reduce the damage. Indom in particular has 50% Rend Resist, and I suspect some of the others you’ve run into do as well.

1 Like

But Draco isn’t a rending swap in. It’s an actual damage of 40% of your opponents max health minus armor, dodge etc. I checked with Ludia and they confirmed it’s not a rend move but have made no attempt to correct the SID to 40% outright. :man_shrugging:

not sure that can be true… same picture as rend.

Hmm it doesn’t actually say rend, it says swap in savagery… 40% of health. So I wonder what it’s supposed to be.

It’s like
50% Resistance = insert rend divided by 2
75% Resistance = insert rend divided by 3
and etc.