Ludia Forums

Can the devs please give us some communication about the rune bug in the Toothless event?

It looks like there is either a widespread or universal bug causing refresh to cost around 1900 runes in the Toothless event. We’re seeing a lot of posts on that issue and devs have not provided any communication regarding how widespread the problem is, whether the problem has been or will be fixed. Is the scheduled maintenance at 12 today addressing that problem? While I assume everyone who has emailed the devs with the error will get their runes back, what about the players who can’t refresh until the bug is resolved? Seems to me the easiest solution is to suspend the event until the problem is fixed and then continue, but we’re getting silence from the devs on what is obviously a very big glitch.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. I hope they either pause the event or give us some sort of compensation for all of this because this is a really big deal!

5 Likes

Hey Vikings, our team is aware of this issue, and they’re working on a fix for this ASAP. In the meantime, if you were charged more runes than the cost shown for refreshing the Toothless event, please do not hesitate to contact our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key and our team can take a closer look at your account.

2 Likes

Or they could do something like greatly reduce refresh time and/or make refreshes cheaper again as the refreshes this time were way too expensive to begin with in my opinion. Suspending event could also mean they have to extend event which could interfere with other things they may have planned for the weekend and such? I just hope we get compensation to some degree for being unable to play the event and loosing so many runes.

I’d just generally like to know what is going on to be honest, the event has worked fine in the past so I was surprised to see it glitch so badly.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have the 1900 rune problem, but instead mine is simply saying unknown error every time I try to restart. I don’t know if it’s just trying to take the 1900 and I don’t have that much, or if it’s just tripping up on even 48 runes, but I’d like to see the event extended or runes given out. I was hoping to have toothless by the end of this second event but I might be waiting for a third or fourth at this rate.

1 Like

If you’re getting error 470, i suspect the game is trying to take the 1900 runes and finding you don’t have sufficient amount.

Ned and Devs, may I respectfully suggest you send out an in game message to alert users on the refresh issue and follow up with confirmation once it’s fixed? Not everyone is on the forum and longer this goes on without notice to the users, the bigger problem it will be to try to undo. It also leaves a really bad taste in the user base’s mouth.

2 Likes