Ludia Forums

Can Tuoramoloch revert back?

I want to ask everyone in the community about this one.

A quick history lesson about Tuoramoloch for some who don’t know it. Many patches ago, prior to the near death of the game that was 1.7… before dracoceratops and swap ins, there was Tuoramoloch that was released in 1.3. Tuoramoloch originally had 1400 base damage. Then in 1.4 Tuoramoloch’s attack was severely reduced, arguably the biggest nerf to a unique dino that the game has seen.

It went from 1400 damage to 960 damage. This used to be overpowered because it could go up against the likes of Indoraptor. But now even Indoraptor is weak compared to so many other unique dinos. So is it even overpowered anymore?

Tuoramoloch was meant to have that damage, and so patch after patch Tuoramoloch has received minor adjustments but the game never stopped evolving into the unbalanced arena we have today. So i ask the entire community, compared to the likes of Thor, Tryko, geminititan, erlidom, erlikospyx, dilo, utarinex, dioraja, and the almighty dracoceratops… Can tuoramoloch be reverted back to its original damage without problem? I believe it can, and it would still be weak compared to everything else. As it is Tuoramoloch is hardly viable and its even been completely ignored from the last patch. How could a unique made from one of the most beloved jw dinos - stygimoloch - be so bad? Its safe to say Tuoramoloch could use a buff or six.

13 Likes

I finally unlocked her only to bench this cool Dino. In its current form it is pretty much unusable. Damage is way too low in the current meta. Would love to play it and have done a couple of friendly matches with it on the team for giggles, but yeah, this poor dino needs a rework in my opinion.

1 Like

The sad thing is, even if it went back to its original damage it would STILL do less damage than dilo and would do as much damage as magna. And most people think Magna isn’t very good anymore.

1 Like

Yep, needs some help to qualify as a unique these days. There are Legendaries that make more sense to put on the team for sure. Had thought about boosting her damage, but it would be a huge investment to get her to work.

I feel like 1400 might be a bit much for it with the amount of bulk it has and it’s kit. Slow stun run in succession is a pretty brutal combo with that much damage, and complimented by the sheer amount of health it has, it might be a bit much. I do think it needs some form of buff or change though.

5 Likes

Id agree that it sounds a bit too much except Diloracheirus has a very similar moveset, with nearly the same kind of survivability because it has its distracting move. Dilo even has a rampage and run move and its faster than Tuora. And no one complains about Dilo because there are other dinos that can challenge it. Dilo is a very fair but powerful dino. Tuoramoloch would become something similar to that since tuora still has weaknesses to shields and immune dinos. And something like Thor would still beat Tuora 1 v 1 even at its buffed state because it has no distraction move.

1 Like

I mean even Paramoloch is better and Tuora took me months too unlock.

2 Likes

Its very unfortunate. Tuora really needs to get better

1 Like

Even if it’s base damage doesn’t improve, a better counter would do. I would also like to see it with a priority move

With thorns like those, it deserves a better counter-attack. It looks like it was the prototype for dinos like Paramoloch and Edmonto, not the end result of one. Seems poorly planned, at least. Tropical horse has proven to be capable of crazy stuff with how much HP it has, and its regen and run is annoying as heck. A Tuora who pulled the same act, but with counter-attack, would be a fun dino to play.

2 Likes

Maybe a swap in ability would be nice… I don’t know why they don’t give more SIA’s to uniques, especially those that are clearly worse than others… Regen and Run would make it be terribly annoying indeed, but they must be saving that to a future Edmonto unique.

4 Likes

I still believe in Tuoramoloch…

2 Likes

Tuoramoloch can’t be forgotten. Come on how can you let stuff like procerat to exist and tuoramoloch to stay the way it is?

1 Like

I 100% agree with you .
Tuora was my first unique and by then it was already crap. I benched it and never used it again despite getting it up to level 24. Every time I think I may give it another go, Ludia bring out a legendary or even an epic that make the logic in bringing Tuora back pointless.

I had all to create him and i dont even think even if it was for 1 second wast some tuoajiango on him
Its hybrid its by far better then him its a shame

I saw a discussion a while back, and someone suggested to make Tuoramoloch immune to stuns and boost the health at minimum to make it relevant to the meta.

Does anybody think it would be a good idea for that? Or to just boost the attack and get it over with?

I think a damage buff along with immunity to certain things would be a great step in the right direction. Stunning and maybe distraction? It certainly needs a damage buff. Maybe a buff to its counter attack to decelerating counter attack too so that it slows, and give it immunity to distraction+ stuns and replace superiority strike to shielding strike, that way it has more survivability and can become much more viable.

So its overall appearance would be

1250 damage
Same health as now 4800
5% crit rate

Shielding strike
Impact and run
Slowing impact
Greater stunning rampage
.5 counter attack becomes 1x decelerating counter attack.
Immunity to distraction and stuns

Yeah, poor tuora needs a buff, how about this?

Tuoramoloch
Unique

Moves:
Superiority strike
Distracting impact
Greater stunning rampage
Regenerate and run
minimal counter attack

Stats:
4900 health
1250 attack
127 speed
0 armor
5 crit

2 Likes

Yeah, immunity to stuns and distraction is good and all, but it has Superiority Strike. What about an Immunity to Stuns and bleeding? All that health will just be cut in half with all these bleeding dinos out here. I like parts of both y’all ideas, so what about this?

Moves:
Superiority Strike
Distracting Impact
Impact and Run
Greater Stunning Rampage

1x Decelerating Counter Attack
Immune to Stun
Immune to DoT

Stats:
4900 health
1250 attack
127 speed
0 armor
5% crit

It was good counter to indo with his slow stun and impact but now indo has immunity to stun

1 Like