Ludia Forums

Can we please fix matchmaking?

Can we please stop the stupid lvl 30 thor with 2885 dmg and 127 speed while my highest lvl is an edmontoguanodon lvl 28 with barely 6k hp?
Can we please balance the game?is it too hard to ask for??
Does the game dev need lesson?
Because if so,i can join you and teach you how to

If you go to ludia.gg then careers, ull see they’re constantly accepting applicants. Go for it bro

I think i will.
They really need to hire something else than trainees…
But im scared than even the managers are older trainees

I think u can single handedly change the company. Even become the face of the franchise so to speak.

1 Like

I think i seriously can’t do worst even if i wanted to

1 Like

No one can… the mods are doing great, but the devs… oooh

I like how dino level has the greatest effect on matchmaking whereas boosts are what really allows players to 3 and 0 people.

While I can agree me using a 27 Indo on a 21/22 team is unfair to the receiving end if I manage to draw it, I shouldn’t be matched entire teams of 27’s that not only outlevevel the majority of my team but also outboost me as well. I should be able to level and use my fav dino and not be massively over-penalized for doing so. Boosts need to have a similar penalty to dino levels.

3 Likes

image https://i.imgflip.com/324qk3.jpg

3 Likes

What’s great is that Ludia claims to have put in place an amazing matchmaking system that suits the players, but it’s just the opposite. Indeed, their system is so good that it must remain secret. In fact, this system is a mess: it is neither balanced nor fair and more : it seems not even work the way they want it to work and that’s why they are unable to explain it.

Do you know many people who agree to play in a competition without knowing the rules? Ludia thinks it’s fine…

1 Like

I have found if your team is fairly even in level and boost the matchmaking is working pretty well but if you have outliers at either end match making doesn’t seem to know what to do and seems to go highest Dino as a base of matching. Ive played around with a lot of team configs since the change last week and have ended up with my most even team as my Arena team for now. I’ve dropped my over levelled and dropped my under level boosted magna and now I’m getting decent matches and climbing up the ranks slowly.

1 Like

I agree with your observation. My test of a team with one over-leveled dino failed. I was paired with teams calculated from this one over-leveled dino, not with my average team value …

My observations are different, but from the other extreme. I’ve sometimes done better with my teams of 6/8 or 7/8 high level boosted dinos and 1 or 2 garbage dinos. the low level ones seem to drop the avg score enough to place you against lower avg opponents.

I lost a battle today 3-0 in just 4 hits. I did 0 damage to the opponent. That’s lots of fun :disappointed:

1 Like

Its definitely broken matchmaking for me. I put all level 17 and level 20’s with no boosts. Tried 3 matches still fighting level 25+ teams with boosts 500+ trophies over me.

1 Like

Considering that this is one of several threads discussing this problem and there has been no communication from Ludia I have come to the conclusion that (a) they think the current system works, (b) they won’t change anything, and (c ) they don’t care.

P.S. Pokemon are starting to look pretty good again… I’ll go looking for those snoozing Snorlax :wink:

2 Likes

Correct , it’s all A B and C.

3 Likes

I used to check the forum once or twice a day and I think I checked it 15+ times again today for some communication.

2 Likes

As I said elsewhere, I’m only fairly new and not super strong, but I probably win 90-95% of my match ups in pvp by putting two level 1 triceratops up first and then a level 20 pterodactylus or 20 indominus rex or 30 yutyrannodon … whoever my strongest dinos are, as my 3rd slot.

Use the first two weak dinosaurs to take the hits and aim to get to 8 action / boost points (whatever they’re called, the yellow button haha) for your last dinosaur.

Inevitably the opponents will have 2 or 3 that are about 2/3 as strong as your strongest and with 8 action points, you pretty much cant lose, unless you seriously stuff up.

Its unfair but all the same, I’m pretty sure it’s just AI we verse in pvp anyways.

Wrong game bud. That is jwtg I think

2 Likes

Don’t worry everybody, matchmaking is 100% fixed and working as intended!!!

In the LEFT HAND CORNER we have my team of scrapers and misfits, a non-VIP account with no $IRL spent, I got maybe 4k cash in the post 1.7 refund shenanigans?

And thanks to Ludias matchmaking algo, in the RIGHT HAND CORNER, the challenger, weighing in at ZOMG more levels, uniques and boosts.

Yup. working as intended!

3 Likes