Ludia Forums

Cannot connect over cellular

Nothing has changed on my phone but all of a sudden the game will not connect over cellular. It hangs on loading coordinates.

If I connect to wifi, it loads right up. I have checked my settings which are good and verified that all my other games still connect over cellular. This issue appears isolated to JWA.

Samsung s8+

I have tried clearing game cache
Reinstalling
Toggling mobile data off/on
Toggling cellular auto swap when wifi signal is weak.
Rebooting phone
Data saver is off
No bandwidth cap is set as I have unlimited data

Switch to sprint and save 15% or more on car insurance.

Hey NeVs24, I’m not sure why the game only has trouble loading over a data network. However, depending on your location, could you try changing the time zone setting on your device to either New York or Toronto and then relaunch the game and see if that helps? If you’re still having issues after doing that, our team would be happy to take a closer look for you if you reached out to them here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key.

When your having the connection issue, check and make sure you have the 3G, 4G or LTE next to the signal bar. 3G is really slow and can’t say the game will work well at that speed so hopefully you get 4G or LTE.
Data%20Connection

The 3G, 4G and LTE show you have a data connection.

I’ve had this issue a couple of times and it went away on its own after going out side or after an hour or so. I don’t understand it. I could come to this web page to on my phone but the game wouldn’t start. Like you, I could connect over wi-fi but when turning off the wi-fi would disconnect and stay disconnected. Then it would get stuck after killing and restarting.

I hope it will miraculously fix itself.

It is definitely not a signal issue. I always have full bars 4G and this is the only game that has this problem, POGO and Ingress work flawlessly.

Force stop and then clearing cache does not work.
Restarting my phone and clearing cache works maybe 25% of the time.

What works 100% of the time is connecting my phone to wifi. Even after the game loads in wifi, sometimes I can disconnect wifi and the game will reconnect over cellular.