Can't Beat Them

Then I think it’s time to join them.

The influx of over leveled Stegodeus & Tragoditis (as compared to the levels of their other dinos) is overwhelming these days. These are the players that relies entirely on tanks to gain trophies. Yes, no doubt almost every decent team has a stegodeus and/or a trago in their team selection, but I am talking about the players that selects their shield option as the 1st move regardless of what their opponent’s opening dino is.

It becomes a matter of fact that by merely leveling up these 2 dinos, one can win most battles without troubling to level up other dinos and even though I am only battling for incubators, it is quite boring battling these teams.

So I have come to the conclusion that if you can’t beat them…

1 Like

I have Stegodeus in my team (when I get a few more coin it will be L25) but have again benched Tragoditis (L20) as I find battling with him so mind numbingly tedious; at the moment his spot is taken by a L18 Diloranosaurus (one Dilo away from L19) or a L20 Alankylosaurus depending on my mood.

2 Likes

This is tank meta after all and those both are one of the easiest legendaries to level up. And I don’t think there’s anything wrong having two tanks in teams or even three.

4 Likes

It’s good strategy to have a split between offensive and defensive players on your team …

But it is sooooo mind numbingly boring when every single person decides to start exactly the same way every single time for 3 months straight :sleeping:

They over level their stegos and tragos, you over level your allos, rexes, indoraptors, gorgos, tryox and postys :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

@PQC Yep, same here. I can level my stego to 26 if I have the coins and I benched my lvl 21 trago.

@User1 Don’t misunderstand me, there’s nothing wrong with having both. It’s just that I find it so tedious fighting them again and again.

3 Likes

If 1.5 is everything we hope it is, it’ll be time to make them bleed. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I have a L24 Stegoceratops as well so having all three was a bit tank heavy …

I already have a lvl 24 bleeder. Spinotasuchus has a 1152 whack but stego has armor. Even with 1.5X crit impact, it hardly makes a dent on an over leveled lvl 27 stego without shields and cleansing does away with DOT.
So unless 1.5 does away with cleasing, bleeders won’t work.

1 Like

Supposedly it will. Superiority Strike now says cleanse Distraction instead of cleanse self.

1 Like

Excatly. That’s why I have in my team
2 tanks
2 nullify
2 shield breakers
2 immune
1 bleeder
3 slowers
3 shields (though wouldn’t call megalosuchus tank)

1 Like

With coin shortage players (generally) cannot level up all dinos, so inevitably people prioritize what is a current good arena dino, making teams very similar. Little chance of team variety when coins are huge limiting factor, so homogeneity reigns. I have over 60 dinos I could klevel but coins lack stops me, of those at least 10 I would like to level up a lot to try in areans, but will “never” be able to afford that experiment in a reasonable timescale as will always need huge chunk of coins to level up stegod (or whatever becomes next must have super effective arena dino in next release)

2 Likes

And a partridge in a pear tree! :evergreen_tree: :bird: :santa:t4: :grin:

7 Likes

This is why Allo is usually my go to starter unless it’s the only shield breaker or nullifying dino I drew.

I keep several meat munchers on my team for that reason. Trex, Gorgo, Tryo. Love trotting them out when shields/armor/invincibility don’t matter.

1 Like

Yeah I do have a tryo but only lvl 23. Bary dna are hard to come by but I did dart 2 today, side by side. Now, where’s my lottery ticket…

1 Like

One way not to get bored is to battle at lower arenas.
Drop (purposely or not) from Lockwood to Ruins. So much fun …:rofl:
Easier to collect incubs and coins. Besides not much difference in terms of the DNAs amount too.

Now at the Lockwood gates again; plan to do the same. Not so fun battling in the Estate…:laughing:

1 Like

Easiest not for everyone , need to find those nodosaurus :sweat_smile:

There are some legendaries which are easier for most people to get because of needed dinos. Like nodosaurus is global anytime spawn and therefore everyone should be able to find them. Sure some people are very unlucky with spawns but overall those two are one of the easiest legendaries to create/ level up.

1 Like

My stegod is level 26 and trago is lv 24 (can be lv 26 as well if I’m not lazy enough to go to local 1 to collect euplo DNA). Now I’ve gone so far that even SS is nerfed, I still have to level up these two guys as they are the highest level on my team.

My tryo is still in incubation status as I’m really bad at finding bary (got bary to lv 15 only a couple of days ago) and I guess I’ll never be able to use her as it’s lacking too much in comparison to other dinos on my team. I really wish I could use her though, as she is really cool looking in my opinion.

ive used tragodistis for like 1 battle. still at 16. stegodeus is close to 29. it’s just a good starter. and in lockwood, most people start indoraptor and evasive which is just as cheesy. thag + APR + no dodges = :heart:

this is how you get rid of tragodistis

3 Likes