Can't get game to start

Was in searching for a battle opponent, I noticed the game was acting weird, so I decided to close the app and restart. Now, the game will not start. The loading screen will not go past 1/30 and it eventually tells me that I can not connect to servers, to check my internet connection and try again. My internet connection is fine, phone service and wifi. Anyone else experiencing this as of about 10 minutes ago?

Hello ArcherWalker. If restarting your whole device makes no difference, please email our support team at support+forums@ludia.com. They’ll be more than happy to look into it.

Thanks!

Hola, Quiero decir que el juego me dice que se a perdido la conexión con le juego

Translated from Spanish

Hello, I mean that the game tells me that the connection with the game has been lost

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English, we have gone ahead and translated your post using Google Translate. Please remember to include an English translation in the future.

Hi everyone, been a while since I’ve been on here so apologies if topics have been made around this.

However, in guessing it’s a known issue that the game has had some really bad connection issues since the update and the game is running so slowly?

Currently, I can’t even accept a raid invite due to it not connecting or, very weirdly, closing the game. Thanks

Hello benjamin_mirchuk and Sean_Rowan. Please consider emailing our support team at support+forums@ludia.com so they can look into the connection issue. Thank you!