Ludia Forums

Can't login and no response from mail support

Hi,
This week I bought VIP to farm the Irritator and Kentro. But on saturday I could no longer log in to my account and still can’t which means I missed the entire Kentro event and also lots of VIP farming. When I’m trying to log in it says credential error 10029 and achievements cannot load.

This occurred after flying home from Italy to Sweden which was 2 days ago now and I still can’t log in.
I’ve tried to change time, language, clearing Google Play cache and logging in and out of my Google Play account. Nothing works. I also tried to contact mail support but ain’t getting any response.

I also want a refund for the VIP that I only bought because of this event that I completely was locked out from.

Edit: I can log in to a new account using facebook so there isn’t anything wrong with the settings on the phone or the game.

Hey there, @Onris, I’m sorry that you still haven’t received a response! Our agents are still experiencing a large volume of tickets but they are working as quickly as they can to address everyone’s issues. In the meantime, we recommend not sending any additional tickets or replies as this can cause delays.