Ludia Forums

Can't play anymore (sadly)

I am using an Ipad Air. Since the latest update the game has crashed more and more often. Mostly around chest opening animations and dice rolling after finishing challenges. After finishing a run of Harvestshield Mountain the game crashed when I was rolling the dice. Every time I reboot the game it crashes after the opening animation and just before the diceroll animation loads. I have tried rebooting, restarting, resetting, basically using all the tips from people here. Nothing works. I literally am unable to play.
My username is Digging Bubbles. Can the game devs help out in any way?

Same on iPad Air

After update previous to this one it would crash when opening the indivual battle chests, when looking through challenge rewards, when looking through my gear and when In guild area.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success

After this update it does all the above (although seems a little more stable In these, particularly guild area) plus now crashes at least once in each challenge, with all chest types 80-90% of the time and sometimes in the midst of arena battles

I’ve been putting up with having to re-load continually for a long time now - posted on it a few months back and mentioned the other apple users that I had seen posting about similar issues and all I got was the apple users that use Apple devices without problems posting, others must have quit :stuck_out_tongue:

Could be specific to iPad Air?

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, Jonas_Mose and Turbotarry. I’ll report this back to our team. In the meantime, could you send your support key over to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com as well so they can take a closer look? Thanks!

@Ned

Ok cheers Ned :slight_smile: