Catch up to the Movies - Ceratosaurus, Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus

I know this has likely been brought up multiple times in the past. But there is no better time than now - before Dominion releases, why not bring the full roster of movie dinosaurs into the game?

It’s honestly been a bit surprising that Ceratosaurus isn’t in the game. It could be a medium theropod with the same rigging as Rajasaurus/Carnotaurus. Corythosaurus is likewise a rig onto Parasaurolophus.

Mamenchisaurus would be more difficult. It’s a different style than Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus. But I assume that Dreadnoughtus will be brought into the game with a new model and animations, as it doesn’t conform to the Brach or Apato base. Dreadnoughtus and Mamenchisaurus not conforming to the current models perfect for justifying the time spent on a new set of animations.

I hope that bringing these three creatures will happen sometime down the line. It would be nice to have the complete roster of movie dinosaurs in the game.

16 Likes

No. No. And more no. No more new dinos until they learn how to fix what we already have. Just no.

4 Likes

What about when they fix all the problems?

6 Likes

I don’t think mamenchisaurus and dreadnoughtus need a new animation. They could be used in both rigs but the brachiosaurus would be more fitting considering that the Canon mamenchisaurus is more build like a tower sauropod.There’s also the hybrid spinoceratops missing but since that’s a juvenile i think we have to wait till it has an adult form

4 Likes

Do you think, they’re going to listen to you?
It appears almost as though there’s an unwritten rule that new update = new creatures + new movesets.

8 Likes

2.5: imagine having those

1 Like

This is Stygidaryx_1 and I 1000% support this message.

also add Toro

2 Likes

I would like to see spinoceratops more then anything else except for giga for maybe when dominion comes out

4 Likes

Definitely. They are long overdue in the game.

2 Likes

I think Cerato should get the spino animation

It probably gets the carnotaurus animation (barry animation at least)

1 Like

It doesn’t fit it at all, Ceratosaurus is not even a spinosaurid.

1 Like

Concavenator is a carcharodontosaurid yet it has abelisaur animation

memenchisaurus will have to wait until after dreadnoughtus gets added, but it’s obvious that universal studios doesn’t want corythosaurus or ceratosaurus added yet, if they even want them added, you have to remember that ludia is not allowed to add whatever creature they want, they have to get permission from universal studios in order to add creatures and universal studios tells ludia what creatures can and can’t be added and universal studios also have the final say in the creatures getting added because they own the Jurassic World IP

2 Likes

spinoceratops will most likely never get an adult form which will mean it will never be added to the game, I’m calling it now that the 2 baby spinoceratops will both be killed off in camp cretaceous season 5 along with the spinosaurus and that carnotaurus seen in the teaser trailer

ceratosaurus will most likely get the allosaurus or megalosaurus animation

1 Like

Megalosaurus most likely

We now must add
Dominion spoilers

Microceratus, Moros, Atrociraptor, and Spinoceratops

1 Like

It’s been a few months since I created this topic… whoops. I apologize.

Dreadnoughtus didn’t get a new rig unfortunately, but it looks… alright. I guess. A little underwhelming. I agree with you that Mamenchi could be rigged to Brach, as it seems they will not be adding any new sauropod rigs. I didn’t mention Spinoceratops because it’s not directly tied to the movies, but I agree, would love to see them in game. They’d need the arctic snow blast ephemera that Gorgotrebax and Arctovasilas have!

1 Like

I’m not sure - Ludia has both Ceratosaurus and Corythosaurus in JW:TG. I’m sure they could add them to Alive if they wanted. Mamenchi doesn’t have the same distinction though, they don’t have it in either. While maybe Universal Studios said yes to JW:TG and no to JWA, I just don’t think that is plausible. Especially for two creatures that have very little screen time in the movies.

2 Likes