Ludia Forums

Cautious strike still too much

Not sure if Im the only person who thinks this seeing as there arent many threads about it any more… and I am thankful cleanse has been removed from cautious strike which has made things a little better (although indoRat does still have cleanse in mutual fury making the change almost pointless).

I still think cautious strike is far too much with increase speed ability… I thoroughly believe IndoRats weakness should be speed reduction making it fit in line with Indoraptor G1 and fit better as a legendry within the meta.

Im finding Im constantly getting mullered by IndoRats that are supper boosted as only have a couple of counters to it that more often than not dont by chance get into the team… meaning that the rest of the team get ploughed through. Only counter to it I have then is to either leave the game or bash the yawning emijo in defiance of the opponant’s team choice. Yes, I could join everyone else and level up and boost IndoRat into my team but Id rather it wasnt competing against the unique field at all and was more suited against the legendary meta.

Seeing as everyone would cry if it was nurfed down having used all their boosts on it, just refund the boosts on dinos that have been nurfed.

I would also say the entire meta is at a point it should be revisited to make the older dinos more relevant again by stripping everything back and redistributing move sets like what was done with the ceratops group

13 Likes

Yes, Cautious strike is still too much after Cleanse is removed, but it is not pointless due to Mutual Fury. MF can cleanse but it makes no damage and at the same time IG2 has to take full damage when using this move. IG2 has to use MF to regain its speed as CS cannot cleanse now. So it is a bit better now. It is a legendary which has some counters with the same rarity. Unlike Yoshi which is an epic, its counters are usually uniques.

2 Likes

Both having dodge and damage reduction is op.

4 Likes

Indo g2 is the only OP dino in the game in IMO

5 Likes

Yes, I am about to quit the game due to Indo gen2… How is removing cleanse even a nerf? Cautious strike is still way to good thus bad! I am facing level 21 Indo gen2 taking out my level 23 Indom and almost wrecking my level 28! Indo gen1!! I hate it and 9/10 matches start with facing Indo gen2.

1 Like

Seems easier to deal with now. The slow sticks, Tenontorex gains an advantage now unless it goes MF. Gemini and Smaxima have an even easier time disposing of IndoG2.

4 Likes

So the nerf made it easier to deal with for bleeders and slowers. That said it is still ridiculous. I’m not sure what the counter to Indo Gen 2 is really meant to be other than two OP uniques. Basically you need to be immune to distraction, have deceleration and precise.

TBH I think the most egregious part is the speed-up. Basically if it wins an easy match up (which is most match-ups), it will mostly be following up with DSR against dino #2.

If it was just distract and cloak it would actually still be a very powerful (almost OP) move.

I agree, everything needs to have a counter that isnt another OP creature… in this case the speed up part like you say means it will defeat one creature and be so fast itll be taking the first turn on the next. It should be that the next dino can at least finish it off rather than have an uphill battle from the start

Agreed - removing it’s speed up ability would make the creature more balanced and fit into the meta. I believe the plan was always to nerf it, but they were waiting until enough boosts were sunk into before doing so. Then a mini nerf so people think it’s safe to drop more boosts in… Then bam… 50% of your boosts gone to swap it or keep playing with a weaker version of what you invested in… Your choice.

2 Likes

Agreed, CS still needs a nerf, I think what really needs to go is Speedup, literally why does CS need that speedup? I’m still waiting for that CS nerf, or a IG2 stat nerf, if they aren’t gonna nerf CS, at least nerf IG2. I’m also waiting waiting for them to fix bugs, do something about this boost system since in this kind of boost system it is just more PTW than boosts 1.0., increase alliance mission # of players, and do something about speedties, until Ludia does something about these, I’ll come back to JWA. I’m also gonna be off on the forums, goodbye JWA! Stay strong and best of luck to the remaining JWA players, stay safe from the COVID 19.

2 Likes

That’s far from the true though. Geminititan, Mammolania, Entelomoth. Those three are very OP, imo way more than indo gen2.

1 Like

Not really. Removing speed up would suffice If any more nerfs are needed. Most top players are not even considering running indo gen2 because there in the real end game It isn’t really that good( this information is in an gamepress article). And that happens to indo gen2 and many other speedsters because of the way boosts work in the current system. Removing one of the damage mitigations would just about kill this dino for good, so i don’t think it’s an appropriate nerf.

1 Like

Removing cleanse didnt really change much for it and only made it slightly more vulnerable to bleeds (but who uses those anyway?) The speed up has always been the main problem with that move imo.

1 Like

Quit complaining, there’s plenty of counters and ways around it. The more everyone complains, the more things change. Even the things you don’t want changed.

2 Likes

Challenge accepted.

List the ‘plenty of counters’. I want to know what you consider ‘plenty’ to be.

1 Like

IR2 has extremely effective counters in the long-necks:
Gemini
Maxima
Ardonto

IR2 has no chance against an equally levelled/boosted long-neck.

IR2 is way harder than IR to level, and deserves to be better.

2 Likes

Suchotator, tragodistis, stegodeus, ardentis, faster yoshis, faster indog2, Gemini, keratorporcus, smilonemys, ardonto.

All of these creatures and even more I may not have listed- they are all able to counter him or put in work on him.

@HowardHoward
He has a ton of counters. Just because you have a weak team with no speed reduction doesn’t mean he indo gen 2 is op. When you get to nublar shores you’ll see just how many counters are out there. Hopefully you’ll have some on your team by then.

1 Like

The cleanse nerf is far from useless. I’ve killed several Indo Gen 2s with my Spyx now that CS doesn’t cleanse(MSS, Lethal Wound). Even if Indo Gen 2 goes for DSR, I have only seen a rare few which does not die from the DoT or the Attack damage after the turn. Remember what’s the new move Ludia introduced? Distracting Shielding Strike(if I’m not wrong). This could be the perfect replacement for CS. Distracting from raptor DNA, and the shield for IG2’s Blue parentage. Just my opinion though.

1 Like

spyx still dies to indo 2 so not much of a counter there. Now dont get me wrong, getting rid of cleanse is good (I guess), but the nerf would had been more in line if, say, it kept cleanse but lost speed up.

1 Like