Cenozoic Lag

Am I the only one still dealing with the lag that the new creatures (Smilo, Marsu, Elasmo, etc.) have created in game? Every battle and darting attempt is super glitchy and nearly unresponsive. I lament battling against them because by the time their graphic intros are done, the move timer is already counted down without ever having the chance to select a move. I haven’t used them on my own strike team yet either, for the same reason. Would be nice to have this issue resolved with the next update/patch.

1 Like

Nope! You’re not the only one. This gets posted at least once a week. Thursday’s bring all the iphone6 users here, when marsupial lion is on the map. I believe she’s the worst culprit of lag

2 Likes

I have not ran into this issue

I just dealt with it for the umpteenth time in battle arena against a Smilodon but have also faced it against the Marsupial Lion as well. I’m on Android, btw.

So you’re saying if I put one of the new creatures on my team, I may get an easy win? :thinking: INTERESTING

Pretty much… Just sucks because I would like to use some of the new creatures myself but can’t handle feeling like I’m still using dial up connection from aol

2 Likes

That really sucks. I hope they fix it fast

I suffer it daily both hunting and in combat. :slightly_frowning_face:

Ive been experiencing this too, and sadly this has still not been fixed. I made a thread about this, and and a couple of others did too, but it seems Ludia isnt really interested in listening to their clients. Until probably we start shoving our money to their faces

1 Like

They told me they did some kind of patch for it and if the problem still persisted I should contact them again, so I replied some days ago and told them it wasn’t solved yet. Via email support that is. It seems therefore they don’t know exactly what is causing it I guess? (I’m on Android)

Might as well call Smilodons attack: Precise Lag

3 Likes

This may sound like a silly idea but I wonder if it is because of the fur animation. That would require more processing power so slows down the animations.

2 Likes

Phorusrhacos doesn’t have this problem (for as far as I know), what about Brontotherium? I cannot remember if it causes the same problem? :thinking: the others all seem to have some kind of fur, though Elasmo not that much

1 Like

Its not silly that’s literally what it is, idk why they don’t have a low res version or some kind of setting

3 Likes

They need a lower resolution setting for the phones that only have 1 or 2 Gb of memory. My old phone with only 2G of memory is like old frame animation but my new phone with 6 Gb of memory runs these new guys really smooth.

1 Like

I don’t recall having the lag issue with Phorus but Bronto causes it sometimes. It’s a little frustrating to say the least.

1 Like

That sounds about right. I have 2 different phones and both are 2gb memory. One lags during darting and the other doesn’t but both lag terribly when it comes to the battle arena. Might be time to upgrade my device

This is definitely not only happening to you, @IchibanMasuta! Our team has already been made aware of this issue and they have been working on a fix that will solve this issue for all of our users.

5 Likes

Thank you for the info, @John. I appreciate it and I’m looking forward to playing with the new creatures.

Smilodon lags. The creature has always lagged my phone when facing it. Now I finally have one and it is unplayable. It picks moves on its own and won’t use anything until the countdown timer hits zero. Is there anything I can do about this? I want my kitty