Ludia Forums

Ceratopsians

Ludia, I REALLY hope you have something better planned for Ceratopsians with this new “family” thing. You have rendered them one of the most useless families in the entire game. But here’s the kicker. Ceratopsians are my dinosaurs. I would love to have a team full of them, but there would be no strategy and I am completely demoralized over it. It’s one of a number of thing ruining the game for me. Please?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say they’re useless. Just extremely annoying.
I liked them the way they used to be before swap in stun strike, when their “thing” was just stunning, slowing, and armour.

6 Likes

The ceratopsians are not at all useless. In the skill tournaments, Monostegotops and Stegoceratops provide essential swap-utility, and Monostegotops in particular is still an able 1v1 fighter even after swapping in, especially against the likes of Carnotarkus and Mammotherium.

But I think that some ceratopsians, perhaps ones added in future updates, could take over the role they used to have in the game, if for no other reason than to please the fans.

1 Like

Like Dragonclaw927 and Qaw said, the new ceratopsians aren’t useless, they are just extremely annoying. In general, they just have completely different roles now, instead of being a fighter, the are more like swap inners now, you can still consider them fighters but not as much now. Infact, sometimes I can hate these ceratopsians in skill tourneys, especially Trice G2, which can swap in, do 1000 DMG and then rampage for 2000.

1 Like

The issue is that this meta relies so hard on immune and cloaking creatures, that if you were to do a team of only Ceratopsians, you would get it wiped. I get that a team of one family is going to hinder your balance, but it’s even worse. Give them their swap-in and “dig-in,” but diversify their other moves. Mono should have a Nullifier for sure.
But even more-so, the whole “ambush attack” with low damage doesn’t even make sense against what they were as creatures. These things should have medium armor, medium attack and varying HP depending on the species.
It also forgets the diversity of niches that Ceratopsians filled. While Triceratops was a tanky defender not unlike the Rhinoceros, the Einiosaurus probably was more of a forager like boars. (Hence the curved nose-horn.) Meanwhile, Yilong was probably something more like a goat in its niche. The things were truly amazing, and I feel like this game is dropping the ball of what stats actually make sense for (all) the creatures IRL big time!

2 Likes

They’ve lost their individuality sadly. Now they all have dig in, low attack, and low variety in skillset. Boring.

1 Like

The new ceratopsians do BETTER in this meta with their new role lmao. Bruiser ceratops was cool,but swappy ceratops is actually effective

3 Likes

Trust me when I say the ceratopsians are really strong. In every skill tournament, they’re viable. In fact, in the common skill and rare nonhybrid skill, I use and have won with BOTH ceratopsians. They possess the best swap-in in the game (besides rampage) and are able to stand their ground and then retreat. Or, you can just dig in and retreat. Sure there are immune creatures everywhere, but these guys will always appear on top teams in the tournament.

1 Like

You know, the more you argue Ceratopsians being viable in this version of them, slowly Im being persuaded. Though that still doesnt define the brutal nerf in attack. Maybe Ludia should atleast buff Monostegatops gets 1200, or even just 1100 ATK. As for the other ones, a slight buff in attack, like Sino getting 1000/1100, and Enia too

1 Like

But it already does enough damage to be one of the best Legendaries. Why would you want to give it more?

1 Like

I think they should gain speed up moves + immune to decel, + armor piercing move, and swap in should be a ×.5 to give them more damage, for example:
Monostego:
HP 4500
Damage 1200
Speed 115
Armor 30
Crit 20
Moves:
Great speed up stirke (1x, 15% speed 3 turns)
Armor piercing stunning impact (1.5x armor piercing damage, stunning 75%)
Nullifying impact
Distracting impact

Swap in medium stunning strike (.5 armor piercing damage, stunning 66%)
Immune to slow

This new move set brings back nullifying impact :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I think it doesn’t need dig in anymore and idk why ceratopsians doesn’t hace armor piercing moves with those horns

1 Like

Also can swap speed up and distracting impact
Distraction
Armor piercing stunning impact
Nullifying impact
Speed up impact (1.5x, +15% speed 2 turns, cooldow 2)

1 Like

That’s kind of a nerf. It’s kit works extremely well and doesn’t really need nullifying. Dig in helps it swap in and out and is important. Distraction gives it more survivability. Stunning is always good, and slowing impact allowes it to get the speed control

1 Like

Hmmm…
Speedie nullification :sweat_smile:?? (1x, Nullifies, peed up 10% 2 turns)
Armor piercing stunning impact
Dig in
Distracting imact

Same abilities and stats,

1 Like

As long as it has swap in stunning strike, it’s gonna be pretty decent. That plus your kit would make it really good. Without it, monostego falls off

1 Like

Sino used to be really good. It had two stunning moves and you could just go . . . stun, stun, stun, stun, stun if you were faster and the other wasn’t immune.

1 Like

It used to be king of the nonhybrid tournament. Then it kinda fell off. Still a really good epic

1 Like

The new sino seems to be paramoloch

1 Like

Ceratopsians are far from useless. Monostego is underrated. Every skill tournament, a ceratopsian is a consistent member of people’s teams. Sino for epics, trike and nasuto for rares, trike g2 and einio, and monostego

1 Like

Nobody touches Monostego’s Slowing impact!

1 Like