Ludia Forums

Change in epic direct hit achievement

Man I spent all weekend trying to find epics to get this done, I knew very well that the sauropods were off the table. I found a few, but always ended up shy. I darted 9 direct hits about 6 times. One time I got nine in a row to start it off and then my brain went haywire on shots number 10, 11, and 12. So close each time. Now I check the achievement and they have nerfed it down to eight direct hits. Dang it, you couldn’t have done that earlier!?

5 Likes

I’m just thrilled they changed it…

1 Like

i just completed this thing. i was estatic. now i have to grind out advanced strike towers to move onto rank 12. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m thrilled too, except it’ll be another 3 or 4 days before income across and epic, they don’t spawn in my area and I am not using a scent!

How about giving those that did it with the original difficulty something then. Stop nerfing because a couple ppl struggled on things during the FIRST WEEK! These were never impossible to do.

5 Likes

Are you serious they changed it. What is the point of an achievement if your going to make changes to it because it’s difficult for some people to complete. 10 direct hits on certain epics is pretty challenging I’m not going to lie, but there are definitely some really easy epics out there to have gotten it done on if you took the time to try or ask for help instead of complaining. Now if it was 10 direct hits in a row on an epic then I could understand people being upset and wanting it changed.

Yeah it changed. And dont forget that these are supposed to be a progressive thing for new players. 10dh on an freaking epic at lv 10. Were you that good at darting at level 10? Or were you still learning the ropes? If this was at like player 15+ then maybe, but the average player at level 10 is not at that skill level yet.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t have made the original lock progression is what the original problem was. These achievements are meant to be long term, some are going to be tough. But gatekeeping early progress with something level 20+ players struggle with was dumb.

1 Like

I think the biggest problem is the lack of access to epics except on the weekends, and none this weekend would be anywhere near easy. But the biggest thing is like someone else commented, it was a gatekeeper to rank 10, and there being 20 ranks I think that came on pretty early.

The problem with 10 direct hits is its virtually impossible unless you vip

They probably noticed internally that too many people were getting stuck here. It’s definitely not an impossible achievement, but it’s probably a bit to hard for a mandatory progression achievement. If it wasn’t required to progress, they probably could have left it alone. Plus some people have bad phones, so for them it may have been functionally impossible. And since all the further achievements are gated behind this one, they probably decided they didn’t want to prevent those players from progressing.

3 Likes

My complaint is that I achieved something many others didn’t by actually getting the 10. What do I get then? Nothing. You want to talk about an achievement that makes no sense…is getting to the top arena level. Only a small percentage of ppl will ever be able to get that…the arena progression for achievement should have stopped at the library. Most ppl can get there eventually without a ton of difficulty and its in the top three levels.

I dont consider spending money an achievement.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I absolutely think they should have changed the progression list to another task, but not change the number of DH on that particular task

1 Like

same here. but this is the direction they chose to go in. Seems like they wanted to keep that sort of task in the progression list.

2 Likes

That was one level of my frustration with this achievement. A level 10 isn’t going to be able to complete it. However, my biggest gripe was that this achievement (at 10 direct hits) was not physically possible for those with older or slower phones. Those achievements are also not possible for those who are physically handicapped.

I am very glad that Ludia considered this and reduced the count to 8.

However, I still wish that all of the speed and performance related achievements were in their OWN tree and were not prerequisites for non-speed and performance related achievements. Someone with Arthritis, Cerebral Palsy, or a number of other neurological conditions can still get to level 20 in the game, but can’t get the achievements for that because they can’t move their fingers well enough.

I fully support having the achievements in game, but they should not inhibit other achievements, other than other similar ones. (Eg: Get 5 direct hits with one drone then unlocks Get 5 direct hits on one epic in one drone, and so on.) Ramp up the challenge as high as you can at that point… no limit. But, don’t lock someone out of one third of all achievements because they have physical limitations.

2 Likes

Bug Description: To get Level 11 achivments, you need to have “Drone deadshoot” achievment - “Get 8 Direct Hits on 1 Epic creature with 1 Drone.”
I have been L20 for over half year (yes I am new player). When I was L10, I would never been able to get 8 direct hits on Epic. Even now that I am L20 for awhile I still can’t do this, I manager to get 6 dirrect hits by “mistake”, but I could never do 8. While achivment itself is OK for all the VIP players, that have been around the block for a long time (I have some people on my Discord that have been in game from the start and even they have problem with this, and they are saying that you would have to be VIP player to even start working on this, and without it this is not achivable)…
But dependency for this on Level 10, is really wrong.

Area is was found in: Game

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Get achivment up till level 10 ( Perfect 10)
Step 2 - You won’t be able to get tp level 11, if you don;t resolve Drone Deadshot

How often does it happen: Always

What type of device are you using: Android

Totally agree with the above posts.

I have been with the game almost from the beginning. Was vip for a while until they started the boost fiasco. I had never been good at darting, and I don’t recall ever making 8 direct hits on an epic even while I was vip.

They can keep it at 8 or revert to 10 direct hits, but please choose another achievement to be gatekeeper for progress to level 11.

I got the achievement after darting an erlikosaurus and I wasn’t even trying! :rofl: