Ludia Forums

Charged too early before the VIP trial ended

I started my Free VIP WEEK trial on July 29th because it popped up and after a couple of days, I checked to unsubscribe from it only to show I have been charged $9.99. And here now my “VIP FREE WEEK” trial suddenly became “VIP - Full Membership Trial” until August 29th. So something didn’t work proper and I ended up paying for a month of VIP. I contact Google saying this has to be a defective, cause I was supposed to try it first. And they got back to me saying they can’t refund me. Don’t get me wrong, the game is fun and I really enjoy it so I’ll just keep it. But that was messed up. It’s principle of the thing. So Im putting this out there for people to see but also Ludia to see. This isn’t right.

Hey GeoRyu, I’m sorry to hear that your account was charged before the free trial had ended.

Usually, you will be charged at the end of the 7 Day cycle if you have the subscription auto-renew option enabled in your app store:

If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key, and our team would be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks!