Charging account

Ludia has been continuously charging to my card. So far now it’s up to 3 times I do not buy from ludia anymore.but I guess they will just steal it anyway. So now have to go and open another card because I can’t use my debit game card anymore. I’ve email support when it happen first time and second time still no word back and a third time today. Just wanting to warn anyone who has used a card in the past in this game you may want to make sure there is no way for ludia to get ahold of it. I’ll be contacting Google with a copy of all emails sent to report with no word back.also with copies of transactions

Hey Denise_Quintero, I’m sorry to hear that. If you had already reached out to our team either through the in-game support or through email at support+forums@ludia.com, our team will try to get back to you ASAP once they get a chance to see your message.

If your transaction was for the monthly VIP subscription, our FAQ here has some more info on how to manage that:

iOS

Android

I still haven’t got a reply on the 1st and 2nd time it happen. Been 36 days since I sent so not bothering with ludia support anymore. I was just letting other players aware and to be careful with this company.

If you didn’t cancel your subscription its going to continue to charge you.

Go to the app store. Go to jwa. And manage the subscription. Cancel it…

Then you can choose a reason. Heh I like to choose other so I can write to them.

Never had a subscription to anything from ludia. But have bought scents and incubators in the past so that shouldn’t be a reason to automatically take money now.

Could you send me a private message on the forum of the email address you used to contact our team along with your support key? I’d be happy to try and check on this for you.

It’s so easy to make purchases on here that a couple time I’ve taken my phone out of my pocket to find I’m on the store page. I’ve also made a couple of pocket purchases I wasn’t aware of until I noticed my dart count was in the mid 300’s (fortunately it was only the dinobucks and not real money).

I wouldn’t be as upset if that were the case and I had anything to show for it. But it wasn’t accidental purchases. The game card I use only get deposited money onto it when my monthly subs for other games is due or I’m going to be buying something from them. Ludia is charging when there is no money on it yet takes out first thing soon as there is a deposit. 1 was even 6 days after it takes the money out it shows purchase date from days before. I’ve waited over a month from the first time it happened no word I just sent all the same stuff to Google today. And already got a new card up and going. So again this was just a beware of this happening post