Ludia Forums

Chiefly Statue issue

Recently the limit on the number of chief packs allowed per day has become an issue - there is a stale topic for it,
More specifically, the Chiefly statue reduces the number of Dragons you need to defeat to gain a chiefly pack, but the statue has become useless, since even without it the limit is easliy hit early in the day.
It seems to me that the normal pace of Brawling is about 7 brawls per day ,(every three hours as 6 bronze packs ready-to-open every three hours, and if you’re lucky 1 silver to open overnight). That’s earning 2.125 Chiefly packs with no statue, if you win every bout (more if you lose some bouts and have to defat more thatn three to get a new pack). with a Level 1 Chiefly you’ve earned 2.625 so every 2 days you can earn a third Chief pack.
Chief 1= 2.625 daily
Chief 2= 3.33 daily
With the current limit on daily Chief packs (sometimes it seems to be only one per day) the chiefly statue does not help progress in brawls.
NOTE: I realize a limit may be necessary to account for spamming brawls when your pack slots are already full, but the limit should not make the Chiefly Statue useless

2 Likes

Seven a day? Not everyone is in love with brawl (which, frankly, remains the worst aspect of the game). Personally, I do the bare minimum, which means I actually get a chief pack every day with the statue, vs. every two days if I didn’t have the statue.

…Not that tokens are actually useful in the first place.

OTOH, I don’t suppose anyone would complain if the statue at max level also let you get 3 packs/day…

2 Likes

Technically you could get 8 empty-slot brawls/day (24/3hours/pack) But that would take precise timing (and waking up at night). I do like brawl, but it is also great practice for Gauntlets.

1 Like

Actually, now that you can speed up 6 minutes for free, you have some fudge on the timing. (And we’re not counting using runes to speed up, of course…)

Something else I realized… given how Brawl is rigged to force you to lose, it’s extremely unlikely you are winning 7-8 brawls in a row, which means your chief pack is going to “fill” even faster than you are getting regular brawl packs.

1 Like

Oddly I’m winning about 95% of my brawls. Do you have the precision Statue?
But point taken, losing brawls speeds up the collection of chief packs, which is actually a good balancing provision, since eventually these packs can improved your dragons. So you’ve identified another way the chief pack limit is dysfunctional!

1 Like

Has something changed? It used to be the case that your opponents’ average grade would be increased by ~1 for every brawl you win, such that after winning a few in a row you end up fighting dragons several grades higher than you. In my experience, this makes for a virtually hopeless fight even with heroic precision (which, yes, I have). Is this no longer the case? Or do you not actually fight 6+ brawls per day? (It does seem to reset if you don’t brawl for 12-24 hours…)

1 Like

I’ve seen that dramatic rise in level, but only when I am brawling repeatedly with full slots to achieve a weekly Gobber’s duty. I didn’t know that was a thing.

1 Like

@robocat3 I’m a fairly new player, (Trophy level ~56500) been playing for probably 16 months? I wonder if when the Brawl thing started there were fewer good “matches” as you climbed the rankings, resutling in being mismatched? Or, likely, they’ve rebalanced something since then.

1 Like

I’m only at 51k, so a little behind you. Anyway, the matches are all computer-generated. I suspect you’re just lucky. (Or maybe higher grade than me? I’m 16/15/15; what are you? You do dodge more often at higher grades, pretty much the only reason to upgrade your brawl dragons.)

1 Like

I’m running Stormcutter (18), Soaring Sidekick(16), Hookfang (19), for a long time - back when they were a couple levels below my opponents (I used to use snafflefang in place of stormcutter, but I like that healing with Stormcutter doesn’t waste an attack). I’m still usually a couple levels (agregate) below my opponents, but these seem to be a really good combo for brawl and gauntlet. having a healer is crucial.
BTW (returning to topic) I did the math, and if I have been playing 16 months, I average 4 brawls a day based on trophies acquired. So I don’t hit the max, but still hit the chief pack limit many days.

1 Like

I just spent some time brawling with full pack slots, and I saw what you describe: each time I won, the level of the opposing team was raised by ~1. Since my team is 19/16/19, went from par, to eg. 19/17/19 → 20/17/19, etc (sometimes two levels at a time). I got to 22/22/21 before losing one, and that brought the level down a bit, the next win took it back up, ‘draws’ left it stable or lower.
Since I was trying to complete two weekly duties ( defeat 15 cunning and 15 swift) I kept on going, and actually won at 23/23/22!!! but that’s as high as I got. (completed the duties, ran out of free time) It’ll be interesting to see what levels I fight next time I have an open pack slot.
Update: the Dragon levels reverted to normal in my next brawls.

1 Like