Ludia Forums

Choose to battle bots without the wait

Would it be possible to implement the choice to battle a bot immediately rather than waiting for the best part of a minute for a choice? In both Infernal and Dragon league 9 out of 10 battles are against a bot and the extra time waiting for a match is really dead space. Consideration on this matter by the Devs would be really appreciated

3 Likes

I second this.

Also an even better thing for me would be to allow battles between players 1 tier up/down. Points are already scaled appropriately at 5 to 1 odds and I think you do see upsets. Would be great go battle humans again.

@Keith

3 Likes

I will pass on both of your suggestions to the team. I believe the reason for the timer is because it is more fun to play against other players. By allowing a person the option to choose to play a bot without first trying to match with a player, would make it less likely for those wishing to play against other players to find a match.

2 Likes

Keith, thanks for passing along the suggestion provided by @Smithy975.

While I agree there is logic in the theory that reducing wait time will would make it less likely to match players. However, this does not apply to the league of dragons. Since the most recent exodus, there are never players available within the delay period, so this makes no difference in this regard.

As such, I agree with Smithy, and suggest the developer would be better to hasten match-ups for players choosing to battle bots because as they are not being matched against humans regardless of the delay.

Another thought for consideration would be to have the bot strength decrease on losing streaks in the League of Dragons similar to the other leagues. This would make the bot battles somewhat more tolerable for many players.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe just for the top league kill the wait. But if they let us battle the league below it might be less of an issue.

When I was in the league below I didn’t mind being outmatched because even if I won 1 out of 4, it was still worth it for getting 50 points.

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly it is much more fun and rewarding to battle another player, implementing the choice prior to battle would only improve the gameplay imo as you could still hit wait if you did want to try for a human encounter. As @Orloch has said in the Dragon League particularly, the times you find a human opponent in either the first or second waiting period are quite low. Many thanks for passing along the suggestions :slight_smile:

I hate the timer, but I get the reason why it is there. Perhaps a shorter timer?

1 Like

Can confirm that it’s definitely worth just matching up with the best available human from ANY league. Today with the reset season is a blast— 1000x better. And i am definitely not winning all the time. With RNG upsets are common

1 Like

I think a good all around solution would be to have the timer stay like it is, UNLESS, no one near your ranking has played within 5 minutes. This way during normal hours when more are online playing your more likely to match up with someone, but during off hours when most are not playing you dont have to wait forever twiddling your thumbs to play some matches to finish a daily or get chests. The waiting problem is worse the higher lvl you get. Once you are 4500+ there are only a total of 100 players at the end of a season that meets those criteria, we all spend a LOT of time waiting due to there just not being that many active players in that ranking.

Unfortunately, the Battle timer is one of the reasons why players such as myself avoid participating in Battle Mode. Like many, I only play enough to fill my available slots. Moreover, I no longer wait. Instead, if the app does not find an opponent in perhaps 10 seconds, I press ‘Cancel’ and move on to other activities. Perhaps adjustments to this hated timer would compel more players to Battle and might prevent additional players from abandoning the app. Removing the delay may help reestablish a stable and active player base which will allow suitable matches to be made in quick order.

2 Likes

As you go up the lack of players at certain times of day and waiting for bots is old quickly.

2 Likes

With Ludia actively slowing our progression, you guys at the top are gonna Have a long wait for company. It would be nice if players renown 20 or higher had a button to play against a bot willingly with no waiting.

1 Like

@Slimeworms, based on recent changes I anticipate we will soon be able to acquire a “play bot now” button. However, it will of course come with a $5 monthly fee…:wink:

1 Like