Clash of champions is not worth it

It is 3 fights, which is okay but the lineup you face for it is not really worth it for me, and it costs 200k coins for each fight which is not a problem for most but it is a problem for me since I spend my coins a lot on actual useful things but what bugs me is the rewards. You have to face quite hard creatures that force you to put out dinos that you really don’t want to put out (example here)

(Notice my lineup is not very good but anyway we will carry on)
I am facing L30 legendaries probably 3 times to get possibly the worst rewards I have ever seen for what looks like a good pack.
200 DNA, 20k food and 40k coin. You spend 600k just doing the battles and even more if you lose them. Another problem is no bucks as well. In fact the only thing that is somewhat worth it in that pack is a guaranteed super rare aquatic or cenozoic dino but that is it

So imo it is not worth it which is why I don’t do it

1 Like

Clash of Champions is really meant to give you an insight into how that kind of battle works, as it’s big brother is Clash of Titans (CoT), which is a tournament creature for absolutely free, and 100% one of, if not THE best PvE in game.

Also, your lineup is not super deep and kind of unbalanced, which explains the absurd difficulty. You can check this via the creature ferocity, and the creature with your highest ferocity determines the event difficulty.

For you, your top is Alanga at 2010 ferocity, then Zhe at 1762, then your Velo at 1256. That’s a massive drop off, and the game based the event’s difficulty on your Alanga, which is much more powerful than the rest of your team (and Zhe isn’t much better). The solution to this is to add more creatures of Alanga’s ferocity. Max super rares and level 20-24 legendaries are a good places to start. Those will also help your coin problem some, and placing more decorations will help.

You’ll also need the ferocity formula, which some other, much smarter players cracked as being Ferocity = 3.2 times Creature Attack + Creature HP. Use that formula to help you determine what level and ferocity you need the creatures to fill the gaps in your lineup

3 Likes

I can do max super rares I suppose am planning to make velo max and other things but L20 legendaries aren’t really an option for me because I barely get any legendaries (I am a post-reshuffle player but I have another account which is pre-reshuffle) and the only legendaries I have is a L10 T. rex and a dimorphodon which is not hatched yet and even then that is only 1

But I can do lv 40 super rares I think I will do velo and then maybe postosuchus
The main thing I was complaining about though is the prizes. The prizes are not worth it for me you get barely any coins, food and dna I am after level 45 so I can’t get super rare land anymore

1 Like

I also do use the ferocity formula as well
But anyway thanks for the help I will take your advice

1 Like

That’s because of what I mentioned earlier, where CoC is meant to teach you about CoT, and I think a free tourney unlock is always a nice thing to have.

1 Like

I don’t really get how it teaches you about clash of titans could you maybe explain a bit more

1 Like

It’s more of an Intro to the complete PvEs to unlock a big PvE. It’s usually good game design to introduce the player to a mechanic and letting them play with it before throwing difficult segments involving the mechanic (Games like Undertale and Mario Galaxy are some good examples of this). It’s the same concept here. CoC is 5 PvE’s in a week, which is easy, while CoT is 28 in 4 weeks, which is 7 a week.

3 Likes

The De-Mystifying of Ferocity… Hopefully :slight_smile:
This is a must read thread to understand how events work and how to have a balanced lineup.

Also some events will always be harder than others , namely fight for funds is the hardest pve other than infinity battles. Followed by stakeholders visit , claim your territory etc.

In the end it’s a game of patience and you need a lot of it . In the months after the start you might start to be in a tricky situation where you might miss an event and have to make a decision. So i guess you’re gonna need even more patience.

3 Likes

I never really used the formula. Just kinda eyeballed the whole thing. If you keep getting smoked in a certain event then the game is trying to tell you something. Frustrating at times for sure but it be like that sometimes.

This game takes a lot of persistence and patience.

For real though, soon you’ll eat those guys for breakfast. You won’t even think twice about opponents like that. It just takes time.

2 Likes

Ok makes sense thank you

1 Like

To be fair I don’t struggle too much with CoC but it is the rewards that just make it not worth it

2 Likes

1st battle won

2 Likes