Ludia Forums

"Connection to Game Server Lost" error

Since so many of us are experiencing this issue, I thought I’d make an independent thread for it. If there’s anything we can do to help Ludia resolve (or admit to) the issue, please post it here.

I’ve been tracking my disconnects; for me, it happens about 2 in every 13 battles.

It also happens during normal play, Code 19s (grr!), and the playback of videos (either after a battle or when I click on the “Get More” button for regular DNA.

Most often, I get the “Connection to Game Server Lost” error. Sometimes, it also includes the “Please check your internet connection” addition.

It happens at all times of day and night for me. No real consistency. Sometimes it happens two or three times in a row; sometimes it doesn’t happen for hours.

Edit: Played two more PvP battles, got the disconnect on the second one. So I’m no averaged server disconnect in 1 in 5 battles.

5 Likes

This is so true, @HanSoloWannaBe.
I never have it in Code 19s or video playback. In battles the occurrence is very erratic. Sometimes I do not have it in 50 battles or more, today I had it twice in 5 battles a few minutes after the daily events started.
Could it be that their servers are simply overloaded?

1 Like

Just tried another PvP and got the disconnect twice. So now that makes 5 disconnects in 17 PvP attempts (29% disconnect rate). Hard to have incentive to play when almost 1/3 of your battles are an automatic loss with accompanying cool-down times.

1 Like

I can’t give you a like for your post because I absolutely do not like what you have to endure.
If there were anything I could do I gladly would, but I have no idea.
It is a shame that there is no reaction from Ludia.
This issue is a major topic in this forum for weeks now and I take the chance to assume that everyone of us is more or less affected.

2 Likes

@HanSoloWannaBe how much storage space do you have available on your device? I only ask as when my phone gets to the top end of my storage I feel like I got disconnected more often. I have since cleaned out my phones storage and it happens less frequently, although it still happens. It might be coincidence that it got better after I cleaned out my phone but thought I would throw that out there in case it helps anyone.

1 Like

Good thought. I have 64 MB on my device, 35 MB of which is currently in use. So I should have plenty of memory, even RAM.

For me, the disconnect error does seem to come in spurts. For instance, it’s happened almost six times today alone, but there are times when I can go two or three days and only get it twice or thrice that entire time.

I do think there are different causes and/or types of these disconnects. The one that I think is most obviously a bug that should be fixable is the one that occurs in PvP matches when the opponent’s time runs down. That first showed up when they released the Mod update which had all these PvP changes, and there have only been a few times since then when the issue seemed to be fixed, but in the last month at least, I’ve not once had it properly concede the match vs throwing me out of the game.

I personally rarely hit other disconnects, maybe one a week at most, mostly on videos (free DNA or extra spin). Regular ads usually seem to be okay, it’s ones with actual video that seem to be a problem. Often the video will freeze for a time and then restart vs. throwing me out. I don’t do Code 19s ever so can’t say if I see them there or not. The only other one I remember getting was when I tried to use the fast forward at the end of a match to skip the animation. I’ve avoided using it ever since.

@Ned - Is Ludia even interested in the fact that so many of us are experiencing these issues? The response to my support tickets have been nothing short of pathetic, with an absolute refusal to admit it can even BE anything other than a problem on MY device. The FB thread for this last tournament had a LOT of people complaining about the disconnects as well.

1 Like

For me, most of the disconnects are those “opponent timer counts down to zero and then the dreaded internet connection lost” screen. The Code 19s involve lots of lag (and thus lots of misses) that inevitably end in the “connection to server lost” screen. The consequences of both are pretty unpleasant.

Today has been a terrible day for connection. I just lost the PvP battle connection twice (why am I even still trying?). So that’s 7 disconnects in 19 battles, or a more than 1/3 disconnect today. Ouch. I really do find non-MOD PVP a fun activity, so I try to play it for the fun of it. Time to put down the phone and pick up the book or the console controller.

1 Like

I had really wanted to place in dominator league, which i do nearly every time for a while, but i was disconnected so many times that i really felt cheated, 21 mid range to my best dinos wasted on drop outs… not my internet, i pulled up my modem stats, watched for drops, errors, ect… no correlation to the drops depite the erronious claims spouted in the error messages, or dispicably dismissive responses to my tickets… to top it off i finished 53rd in predator league because i played so much less, so much less that i didnt even earn the diamond raffle prize as i hadnt logged in to buy in… so that was icing on the cake… which was ‘disappointment’ flavored…i can still taste it, its sitting ih my stomache like a rock. Lol
im up in the air about continuing to play, games should be fun, not stressful, not full of dissatisfaction, ohh and PLAYABLE, thats what games shoukd really be.
Sorry to rant, im just butthurt lol

2 Likes

We definitely feel your pain, we’ve been trying to get Ludia to pay attention to our complaints about this bug since the mod update happened, but it seems like it was particularly bad during this last tournament. I agree that the responses to support tickets have been appallingly dismissive, with zero acknowledgement that with so many people reporting it, it is NOT a problem on the client side. Hopefully by banding together more on this we can get them to stop ignoring it, because it is ruining what is otherwise a good game.

My next step is going to be changing my App store review.

1 Like

I keep complaining to support for the past few weeks of the same issue. All happened during winning tournament battles when the robot took no action until countdown to zero. Ludia only blamed on my device & wifi, & never admitted problems on their side. Now, they just totally ignore my complaints & don’t bother to answer back. With so many other unsolved problematic issues in the game, Ludia is absolutely an irresponsible & incompetent developer with even worse customer services.

I wouldn’t be so harsh with my critics. Getting help from Ludia can take a while but so far they always answered, were very friendly and really tried to help.
Being a software developer myself, luckily for me in the Windows world, I can imagine that they may have a problem with the indefinite number of configurations on smartphones, especially with Android.
Different versions of the operating system on nearly every smartphone with different adjustments from each supplier. From my point of view this is a big general glitch in Android. I am absolutely no apple guy, don’t know why the problem seems to occur there too.
My tablet is not very old, regardless the play store keeps telling me that JW may not be compatible, luck for me that my problems are minor.
Don’t misunderstand me, this is no excuse only a possible explanation why they are not able, I am far away from implying, to fix this issue.

2 Likes

Tommi, you may be correct on this. Since I use iPad and iPhone, the disconnect issue has hit my only occasionally, not enough for me to cry foul. But reading some of the comments here (and believing them to be true), this seems like a plague. Hope Ludia works this out eventually.

3 Likes

I occasionally play on my PC when at home instead of my phone/tablet and also get dc’d like DinoStan its not often enough to bother me but thought i’d mention its not just phones and tablets with dc issues

3 Likes

I regularly play on BOTH my Android phone as well as my iPad, I’ve definitely hit the countdown bug on both. Yesterday, I had a server disconnect come out of nowhere on my iPad, I was just working on the organization of my park when it threw me out.

1 Like

Fuming right now had a code 19 got perfect containment on my Troodon’s only for it to disconnect me and now i have to assemble a team.

2 Likes

The Facebook posts are getting more and more complaints about this every day.

*This is Ridiculous!*This happens to me regularly as well! And NO I DO NOT HAVE POOR INTERNET CONNECTION!!! It is your game Ludia that has the issue! This happened 9 times during this last tournament, 279+ points LOST! And it happens every time I’m winning! Any response from you is check internet connection! BS!!! We lose points and the dinos that were used, you can do better! So thankful someone made a thread for this! Hope your eyes can read these comments and aren’t too busy counting the money you make from us!

1 Like

@Ned - noticing the continued lack of response on this thread, we all followed your advice to submit tickets and it’s gotten us NOWHERE. As @HanSoloWannaBe says - it seems like we can’t even get Ludia to admit there’s a problem in spite of increasing complaints from users (there’s several of them EVERY day on the Facebook posts now). Frankly, the attempt to pass the blame onto our internet connections is almost as upsetting as the bug itself.

Hey Mary_Jo, I’ve mentioned a previous connection issue players were having with the tournament to our team, and they’re aware. Sadly, I don’t have more information to share at the moment. However, if we get an update from our team, we’ll be sure to give everyone an update here as soon as we can. :slight_smile:

2 Likes