Constantly disconnecting

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: I’m getting tired of continuously being disconnected. My son and I go out to hunt dianours as a way to spend some mother/son quilty time and we both are continously get disconnected the entire time we are out and it will say we have no internet when we both have 4G lite. It will also tell us JW alive updated and needs to restart. This is getting ridiculous. Please please please fix the connection issues as I’ve seen it’s not just happening to my son and I but a whole lot of other people and it makes for a frustrating irritating time for my son and I instead of the fun-filled time this app could and has the potential to bring us closer together. Thank you

Area is was found in:
Frewsburg ny
How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- close out of the app
Step 2 - clear cache
(add more if needed)
Restart my device
How often does it happen:
All the time. Every trip we take out
What type of device are you using:
Samsung Galaxy s9
Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)
We also are not connecting from WIFI to data. It is set for data only

2 Likes

YES! Welcome back to JWA 1.3 and 1.4 and one of the major reasons I dropped VIP. This is even worse now.

First you get something like this →
Screenshot_20190702-112452

Then you get this where in 1.7 was the only thing you would get and it would actually reconnect.

Screenshot_20190702-112526

Then you get this new one they added here in 1.8.

Screenshot_20190702-172305

Then the game restarts itself and if you lucky, it goes in but if not you get this next one.

Screenshot_20190702-172443

and then you get this final one which hitting the reconnect does nothing so you have to kill and restart the game yourself.

Screenshot_20190703-202553

This is so dumb. Why do we even have to hit a reconnect button at all. I mean if the app knows your not connected, why doesn’t it just reconnect itself. What a piece of :poop:. This is just stupid. I thought this was fixed back in 1.5 or 1.6.

4 Likes

Pro-tip… when you get the first error just kill the app and restart it… its always faster then all those error messages just to arrive at the same point.

Ive never gotten this game to reliably reconnect once the wind blows or one of the other 1000 things that causes this game to loose connection happens.

2 Likes

Hey Kitkat10683, that is definitely frustrating, and I’m sorry to hear that you and your son’s game is being affected by these connection issues. There are some troubleshooting here from our FAQ that might help with this: https://ludia.helpshift.com/a/jurassic-world-alive/?s=troubleshooting&f=why-did-my-app-close-unexpectedly&l=en

As for the update message, could you check and see if your game is updated to version 1.8.29? Do not hesitate to contact our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key, and our team can take a closer look as well.

Thanks!

Chronic disconnects since 1.8. I wanted to enter the tournament but I can’t stay connected so this tournament is useless to me. Same thing as OP. Disconnect, game needs restart blah blah. Rebooted phone, cleared data, cleared cache, reinstalled app. Nothing makes any difference.

1 Like

Yea all the time! Along with a bunch of other bugs and freezing and flashes on screen . How about 1.9 is a update focused on fixing previous issues instead of adding more…

All of the is so true! In addition the log in and GPS search is painfully slow. Together very frustrsting. In this regard, POGO is on a totally different level - much, much more fluent.

All of the above is so true! In addition the log in and GPS search is painfully slow. Together very frustrsting. In this regard, POGO is on a totally different level - much, much more fluent.

Hello Ned, honestly… stop telling people to:

“1. Try rebooting your device.
2. Do not run any other applications in the background while using Jurassic World Alive.
3. Select your device settings > WiFi, and then tap your network to forget it. Then reconnect to your WiFi network.
4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the App. If you are playing as a Guest DO NOT uninstall your game.
5. Try upgrading the operating system on your device to the latest one.”

We all did restarts and clearing cache and even reinstall game multiple times after the game has become so unstable and lethargic with 1.8 !
But it dont work and we want to tell you to look for that issues - and you tell us again and again to work through this list

This Bug happens to much - almost every player.
AND WE DIDNT RECONFIGURED ALL OUR PHONES TO MAKE THE GAME LAG AND CRASH!!!

Do you play the game too? Do you NOT experiancing that performance issues?
How can you just point us to such pointless time-bridging guides? Do you have any idea?

Please stop pasting your same default answer to everything and try to deal with people’s problems - or are you a BOT ?

In ADDITION I have to say my/our alliance cant finish the friends-battle-quest, because of LAGS AND CRASHES AND VERY MUCH ISSUES WITH FRIEND FIGHTS AT ALL SINCE 1.8 !!!
That was the easiest qeust for us and we finished it mostly very fast and at first. now we stuck at 1/20 cause all are mad and even wont try anymore and wasting time trying to initiate a friend battle.

SHOULD I NOW REBOOT MY DEVICE AND LOOK IF IT IS BETTER ???

Hey treFFnix, I’m sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps I gave were not helpful for the issues you are having. Sadly, those are the best solutions we have at the moment on our end. :sweat:

However, if you reach out to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com, our team would be happy to take a closer look at this for you and do their best to assist you further. If you could include your support key in your email as well, it’d be really helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

Don’t waste your time with the troubleshooting steps. I get the exact same things on my phone ever since 1.8 then their patch. Others are reporting the same issues.

It’s not OUR connection to our phone provider’s network as we can all confirm full or great service bars once receiving the errors and reconnects.

It’s very frustrating for us who try to have a nice day or evening with friends and family.

The troubleshooting tips don’t ever help. In fact, the game should be managing and handling reconnecting seamlessly in the background. We shouldn’t have to hit any buttons to reconnect. Just do it for us.

There’s a hill near me that when I walk up it, I have a mid strength 4G signal, and when I crest the hill, I am in sight of a different 4G tower with stronger signal that my phone switches to and…this causes a disconnect.

Even after a complete reinstall for 1.8, it still tells me JWA has updated and needs to restart after I tap the reconnect button and it reconnects…

@TheMysticalOne this is you at your hill crest and all of us playing when we hit a low signal zone lol

“Lion king your phone for service”