Ludia Forums

Cost can be high

300 diamond for a photo is a lot! 180 was more doable but still high but 300 is nuts!

300 for 10 profiles and you only match with 1 is a bit disappointing

15 Likes

I completely agree with you. Also, the rewards when you upgrade your relationship with your match are only 15 diamonds when the cost of the dialogue and photos is 10 times the reward. It makes no sense :pensive:

8 Likes

Agreed. Also because reactions and dialogue options that are premium choices range from 25-30 and 125+ respectively, which is really high considering the very small amount you get back only by ranking up the relationship status. A daily login bonus or something would really help out balance the cost vs reward a bit more.

9 Likes

Exactly means you have little choice but to pay or avoid all paid items!!!
They need to balance that better!

8 Likes

I agree… 300 it’s too much for a photo. I would be willing to pay 120 for photo, still expensive but i woudn’t be too mad about it.

3 Likes

I totally agree! The first photo is 180 and I thought wow! thats a lot! And then 300 was just far too much when the daily gems is 15!!

7 Likes

after ur relationship bar grows a bit it will increase the amount of gems from 15 to 20 if i remember correctly…

1 Like

I agree, 300 for each picture is pretty high. I would say 150 or 200 would be good.

1 Like

Agreed about the cost being too high. I see that there is no way to build up the in game currency quick enough to actually play the game so wound up putting real-life currency in… Too much. And IT is going FAST

3 Likes

Exactly, impossible to play without paying or not enjoying yourself

2 Likes

Completely agree. I feel pics and some convos should be lower cost or they should be giving us more gems per day

4 Likes

Totally! Currently, I use gems only for chats, that too I can afford only one reply a day. :confused:

3 Likes

I agree. I really enjoy this game, but 300 for a photo is crazy! And 500 gems costs like $8.50 (I think this is my currency- AUD. I’m not sure). I don’t mind spending money on these apps but not when you basically get nothing for it.

3 Likes

Agreed. Not only is 15 diamonds for a daily log in downright insulting, given the cost of every action in the game, but premium bundles are way over priced. I’d be happy to pay for enough diamonds to play for a whole week or month, but the extortionate cost is ruining my enjoyment of a fun game.

I don’t want to do it but I’m likely to uninstall this game before it bankrupts me.

3 Likes

I agree it can be too pricey for photos and premium choices when compared to how much you get (free or paid). While it’s tedious and takes time since you only get rewarded gems when the relationship status bar levels up, but you can always try to farm for diamonds by matching with characters you don’t care about to get some extra diamonds for free.

2 Likes

Agreed. A better balance between rewards and costs is needed. I have opted to simply forego most pictures because what I enjoy most is having the juicier story choices. Those too are pretty pricey already. IMHO the premium packs of gems should cost about half of what they currently go for OR the costs of photos and in game choices should be halved. I think that would be more reasonable.

2 Likes

Has anyone played the Antonie route yet? Cost 120 gems to get him a life saving map… seems messed up to me

1 Like

I’ve finished what’s been released so far. You don’t have to get him the map and he’ll still be fine, but I get the frustration with how costly photos, premium decisions, and premium reactions are compared to how many gems we get for free and that are paid for as I find the imbalance annoying too.

2 Likes

Doing the maths. 15 gems awarded per day = 105 per week.

A relationship upgrade gives 15 - 25 gems. Your relationship upgrades about once every three or four conversations.

An emjoi can cost 50 gems.
A positive action costs 150.
A photo as much as 300.

It’s literally impossible to play even a single conversation in one week without having to purchase gems, and even then you don’t get enough to cover upgrading with one character unless you pay the higher amounts which are ludicrous.

This is a Fremantle company, it’s not like they’re short of money.

As much fun as the game is, it just feels like exploitation, especially when you take into account the likely average age of the players.

2 Likes

If you get on the game within an 18 hour timeframe you can get 45 per day, as you get 15 per every 6 hours, not 24 hours. On top of that is an optional 3 free gems every 6 hours of you watch a thirty second ad as well. But honestly it’s still not much.

I only do some characters with using gems and skip the photos for all but two. Occasionally I may pay up for a stray one here and there. Still, even with the huge limit on who I spend gems on while I deplete the amount I have more slowly, I still spend more than I earn back. Even if I were more strict spent even fewer gems.

Considering the push to use them though, the reward of gems isn’t nearly as balanced as it could be compared to how many we’re encouraged to spend (and I’m only thinking of being “expected” by the dev team to spend consistently on a few characters, not even all of them). If you buy gems while you obviously have more to spend and can prolong how long the stash lasts you, you’ll still go through them faster than you earn back, even with only spending on some characters and getting gems back from gem mining conversations.

2 Likes