Could someone explain this please

So after seeing my Magna get ratted every time I put it out at entry level 21 , I finally got it up to level 22 and with boosts it sits at 3644 health . I thought that would be ok against anything other than the super boosted rats .
What I didn’t figure on though is that by removing a level 26 boosted Trago and replacing it with a level 22 Magna I would set myself up to face teams full of level 28 - 30 boosted dinos !
The past week or so hasn’t been too bad , about a 50/50 win to loss ratio . Then five losses to one win by this simple change . So I swap back , put Trago in take Magna out , same story as with Magna and I’m against crazy high boosted dinos and have no chance .
What seems totally illogical though is the fact that these players with heavily boosted high uniques are only at 4900 to 5100 trophies . I sit at just about 4600 to 4700 .
So how is the algorithm worked out in simple terms because I’m struggling to make sense of it .

3 Likes

Switching from a L26 boosted Tragod to a L22 Magna one would expect better match making. I’ve got nothing on this one. That’s straight up weird.

6 Likes

It’s nothing new mate I feel for you, I really do. I leveled up magna one level and lost 200 trophies. So yeah go ludia. Glad you’re making money in a game you took from great to pay to win boosted rat nonsense.

2 Likes

It really does seem ludicrous that we get penalised for the grind , the effort , and sheer hard work to level up a Dino the old fashioned way , yet we are rewarded for sticking boosts on a lower level Dino .

4 Likes

*Ludiacrous

Matchmaking is broken. Nothing new :slight_smile:
Magna needs to be heavily health boosted or high level to survive rats anyway. Since many rats have 2000+ base damage already, you’re gonna need something stronger.

3 Likes

Last night I played a 5240 with all 30’s and a 5650 with avg 25-26 and bunch more in between those counts. Not one was boost free and the lower the trophy count the higher the team avg. Things are still a mess for sure. As for unique, legendary, epic making a difference in mm it would be nice to know before investing any more golden boosts.

5 Likes

When the original designers at Ludia put the game together they correctly used speed as a balancer - by levelling you could improve health and damage but speed was an immutable stat. Then some bright spark came up with boosts which undermines one of the cornerstones of the game. Do you want your T-Rex to be as fast as your Velociraptor? No, I really really don’t.

14 Likes

I save my Magna for 3rd and sometimes a surprise at the end. Usually by then the rat comes out and its been working pretty good.

2 Likes

It really would be good to know if epic , legendary and unique are treated the same .
I guessed a legendary would be less likely to add strength , but when it’s higher in level perhaps it balances out ?

1 Like

I spoke to someone yesterday who plays at a fairly high level and was facing the same old every match; they put 2 L5 commons on their team and the variety is now amazing.

GIF

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking of investing into paramoloch and utahsino, both 20s with lots of dna. Sure would hate to regret it though. We had a couple alliance members try a few level 1s and it didn’t work out too great. Very tempting!

:rofl: I’m going to picture that image in my head everytime someone presents me with a “good” idea!

1 Like

Those two are very troublesome in the arena and tournaments - Utasino especially so; in the last tournament I found Utasino to be worse than the rats - my policy was to rat it on sight. Problem with Legendaries is they take a lot of resources to level and are very easy to nerf - looking at you Pyrritator and Monomimus …

1 Like

These are literally the teams I face everyday lol I’m surprised I haven’t faced you yet. I Don’t even face players from Lockwood anymore. It’s 4,700-5,100 and I’m stuck at a back and forth 4,200-4,300 Lockwood.

I’m definitely located somewhere in fodder oblivion in mm. It’s very bad. And when I go look at some of the people in aviary they have avg lvl 21 teams. It’s like I shouldn’t of leveled my dinos passed 21 or used this many boosts. I don’t level any dino passed 24 right now because I worry what the game will decide if I do. Already battle lvl 27-28 boosted imagine I start leveling lol.

I believe I ran into PQC twice :slight_smile: One win, one loss. But that was way before boosts. Don’t remember seeing you. Always fun to see a familiar name after a battle.

2 Likes

I would hold off on over leveling stuff you don’t feel comfortable with until at least patch 1.9

The’ve changed match making before over far less cryin.
I took out a L30 Dilo and L28 Erlidom and threw in two L10 bleeding birds.
(That swap in wound does considerable punch to high health dinos)
It took my last 2 matches from 29-30 ave to 26ish.
First one my L29 Magna swept him dracocera and all.
Second time I drew both and lost, but it was more funny than angering.
You could see the opponent pause as the timer ticked down and trying to picture their reaction made me laugh.

Experiment with what you already got.
It’s no risk and free.

1 Like

Mixing things up a little would be like a breath of fresh air :slightly_smiling_face:

So , in a nutshell , we have 2 choices .
Go out and collect Dino dna , request it from fellow alliance members , complete strike towers , and build our dinosaurs up so that we will be paired up in matchmaking with players who don’t build their dinos up and simply put boosts on low level dinos .
Or be the ones who sit at home spending money on boosts , and wipe out the ones who play the first way .
PoGo rewards players who go out and collect Pokemon .
JWA punish players for doing the same …

2 Likes

Familiar names are always a trip for me.
My wife was battling while I was making chili and she was like “Here’s a weird name.
PQC. Pretty quick cat?” I was like. I KNOW THAT GUY FROM THE FORUM! LOL

1 Like