Counter utarinex, any suggestion?

strong 1st hit + instant charge…

STAT of lvl 26 UTARINEX:

Health 4200
Damage 1330
Speed 126

1330*3 = 3990 plus 1330 after stunned = 5,320
if opponent’s side is slower than 126…then KO immediately.

immunity? armor? invincibility? armor? speed? damage? evavsive stance?
which creatures can 100% beat utarinex?

1 Like

Can’t stun immune dinos.

monomimus :wink:
what can’t monomimus kill :thinking:

3 Likes

among all dinos w/ immunity, only monomimus and magna are faster than utarinex, but the latter one’s HP is toooooooo low.

is there any other solution?

Its a unique, arguably the best one. The other arguably best one, diloracheirus, is a great counter to it.

Stegodeus will scare it off (unless its stunned by a lower stunning strike):

Other than that, spinotasuchus does well also.

3 Likes

this reply should be recorded @ metahub as a counter reference!

1 Like

Thanks :smiley: Id love to help contribute there. Though @mnbrian alreqdy does a great job. Lmk if I can ever help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and if you play stegodeus, follow this move.
Ss —> thergomizer —> armor rampage.
…u might be instant charged when your step trying to thergomizer. but its ok. just do again after the dizziness.

on that step, if he try to attack swap also u still can win, cos the next dino that he swap will be badly thergomized by you when come in… and you follow with armor rampage.

…so, the ending effect will be either the utarinex die. or the dino he try swap in will start with badly injured.

5 Likes

This!

I have countered a level 24 one with such a strategy.

Sometimes depending on the situation, I will throw a shield after Utarinex’s first move.

1 Like

Stegod is not really a good counter to that annoyance, as it come back and beat you in second try. That’s what about strike and run creature. Don’t ever dream about you can get it killed, unless that utarinex user is a noob. If you manage to wound it badly, that’s already enough.
Any faster creature with distracting strike will get the best job done, with the exceptions of IRex line creatures.

1 Like

@Samguy yes, agree. SS vs Shield is the controversial as the first move.

But i always choose SS as the best first move as it will cleanse yourself from the negative 50% damage utarinex will DEFINITELY deal on her first move (trust me. no utarinex owner want to waste that move, cos all other special moves has delay)
That will give back the max damage that u want for your next plan on thargomizing and rampaging.

1 Like

Yea. Agree with Teareks. This type of creature is very annoying😖. Its a “strike, run, come back, beat” type of creature. But that is with 126 speed.
…We havent discuss yet about this same species BUT with 129 speed below… MORE scaryyy!! :confounded:

2 Likes

Monomimus
Diloracheirus
Spinotasuchus

good counters against Utarinex

1 Like

My L27 ankylocodon usually sends them running.

2 Likes

Are you on the discord server for metahub wrothgar?

1 Like

Sacrifice a tank. Get him to 2.3kish and then one shot him with my 27 Tany. After that it is game on again

1 Like

Edit: @mnbrian i am now!

1 Like

pyrritator

1 Like