Ludia Forums

Counters for Indoraptor G2 post 1.11 update?

Erlikogamma could be Indo g2 counter.

Not if quetz is faster

Quetzorion can go for sidestep, which also increases its speed.

Quetzo won’t kill Indo2 in one move except if it crits… And CS will hit through Sidestep… Then it’s and easy kill with DSR… And if Quetz sidesteps again, Indo can just keep using CS

So the only way I think is if Quetz uses the basic attack on turn 1 and then it’s a mind game on the second turn… If Quetz Sidesteps and Indo uses DSR, Quetz dodges and wins next turn, but if Indo2 uses another CS it’s over

2 Likes

Yeah the only way quetz stays faster is if it keep side stepping… dealing no damage. Meanwhile indo g2 can keep using cs and dealing damage through the side step… cs speed increase stacks so after 2 of them it can maintain a 20% speed increase while dealing damage.

indoraptor unique camouflage with that the indo2 wins fast

…unless Quetzo predicted the CS and used Nullifying Rampage (after opening with APS). So yeah, it comes down to mind games in the end.

What if Quetzo went for Long Invincibility first, taking no damage on turn one, and then used Nullifying Rampage to regain priority? Indo would be forced to go for Evasive Stance, which is just delaying the inevitable.
Unless Indo opens with Mutual Fury, in which case it would still be forced to go for DSR, which would be dodgeable (sidestep). Then Quetzo would be faster, and nullify Indo’s speed buff, leaving it still faster than Indo after CS, and with Indo in one-shot range.
Also, if Indo opens with MF and Quetzo opens with Sidestep, that’s an OHKO for Quetzo.

So correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems Long Invincibility allows Quetzo a 100% chance of victory against Indoraptor Gen 2.

4 Likes

Indo2 can go for Mutual Fury and then use CS instead of DSR. Quetz won’t take any damage because of the Invincibility, but the next turn Indo will still be faster and still have the MF effect for the Rampage for one killing blow. And then comes down to the same mind game situation.

So yes, Quetz can win depending on the moves chosen (if he Sidesteps right on the first turn and Indo uses Mutual Fury it’s over for Indo, for example). But it’s not 100%

1 Like

What about carnotarkus? SS, rend counter, then precise rampage?

I used Carno in the last legendary skill tournament. It’s good to weaken Indo, but it still loses.

I guess it depends on how your Carno was boosted and was it fighting against boosted IG2s.
I think a heavy health boosted Carno would beat an IG2.

Might come down to that first counter attack and wether evasive is up or if it hits thru evasive

Carno does counter both indos well. The counter is normally decent with cautious strike then hit it with precise rampage

Geminititan will still beat it. Decel and nullify.
Maximas previous version Ardontosaurus with nullify will also beat it. Ardontosaurus is easily a high apex creature in it’s own right. I can imagine some teams carrying it as well.

Dinosaurs with Superior Strike and some high damage output like.
Carnotarkus should win sup strike precise rampage. High health boost
Tenontorex sup strike twice. High health boost Third attack Hadoken.
Diorajsaur Sup strike twice High Damage boost
Thylocator sup strike twice. High health boost Third attack Rend

I ran the numbers on Dio and Carno and they don’t last long enough to win. Indo gets slowed, but unless you crit, Indo can just CS, CS, and then rampage and you’re dead.

No it won’t. Nullifying Rampage, remember? I explained it in my previous post.
As long as Indo loses priority to nullifying Rampage, Quetzo always wins.

Thus, by extension, Quetzo wouldn’t win 100% of the time. There is one way for Indo to counter Quetzo’s Long Invincibility: Evasive Stance. Like I said, if Indo speeds up, then loses priority to NR, it’s as good as dead. So the only way for it to even stand a chance, is if it uses its only non-speed-up move, which is Evasive Stance.
That would allow Indo to use Mutual Fury after being hit by NR, gaining priority and not wasting the attack buff. From here on out it’s mind games, and either could win.

1 Like

95%…

It won’t lose priority. Quetz would have used Invincibility and Sidestep. If Indo uses MF and CS on the second turn it will still be faster (two speed ups)

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. I forgot that NR wouldn’t be the logical move in that situation, mind games aside. MF on the first turn gives Indo the best chance at success against LI. Mind games it is then.

1 Like

Dunno why the hell they had to give evasion bypass to CS. If they didn’t, Indo2 would still be freaking strong but less OP… At least other dodgers would have more chances to beat it

This change was done in order to give players a choice. To guarantee that Indoraptor GEN2’s attack targets precisely, use the Cautious Strike!

Oh really? What about Indo1 and so many others that don’t have any freaking choice to hit through evasions?? Let alone a choice that also speeds up, distracts, cleanses and evades? Why does only Indo2 gets this kind of love? Such BS…

2 Likes