Create a "Quit the battle" button

Probably already suggested, but would be interesting to have a “Quit the battle” button in arena, or at least in tournament.

When facing teams made up like this aberration here, having dinos 5-6 levels under, there is really no point in playing, because that’s simply not playing.

Screenshot_20210115_184339_com.ludia.jw2

Can be called in many ways, but not playing.

So, take your “victory” (ahah), have fun, as you surely have fun “playing” that way, but I prefer spending those 5 minutes of battle doing whatever else in the world than “playing” with you.

(And be laughed at, just to add fun).

Cheers

14 Likes

that is one scary rhino.

Big F time

Many, many times in the past couple years and usually for precisely this reason.

Maybe one day they’ll agree to implement it, though!

3 Likes

They’ll never, unfortunately.
If we had the option to bail on mismatches, a lot of the player base would cry about never getting to fight.
Some players spend big just to bully other players, and money > ethics for this gaming company.

I fear you are right, but it’s the paradox behind all games in which wins who has the most money and time: there is a point where you get tired of winning.

Nobody, not even a true sadistic, can go on forever in bullying lesser opponents: we are competitive creatures, we are made fo that. Killing the competition kills emotions, and emotions are what we feed on.

The paradox is that the stronger a player becomes, the less competition he/she gets. Complaininig about never getting a fight it’s a bit like being upset that to eat roastbeef a cow must be butchered.

My 2 cents

You definitely didn’t go to the same schools I did.

3 Likes

To be fair, this person had as little say in who he/she is matched up against as you. Can’t really blame the opponent for being matched with you, its not his/her fault it’s a systems issue

2 Likes

Well, here I must say fortunately, then.

But I bet that bullying someone you don’t know and even you can’t properly talk to, musn’t be so satisfying.
I may be wrong, who knows.

1 Like

I can agree, but then he/she should start not to laugh at a lesser opponent, first.
Then we can perhaps discuss the rest.

1 Like

This much is true, and a good thing to keep in mind.

There’s only so much blame someone can take if it’s the matchmaker causing the issue. A dropper loading up on their heavy hitters is one thing, but someone legitimately looking for an even fight and getting paired up with a guppy by comparison is not at fault for the pairing.

I’m also of the opinion that users of Swap-In-Attacks are only marginally at fault for their explicit usage of them. They’re in the game, and others use them too; in a way, acceding to their usage is a form of adaptation and even self-defense. It just kind of sucks to be on the receiving end.

The thing is, all of these can further be evidence of a need for a “Forfeit” button. Why force players into enduring fights that can still take a good several minutes even when trying to lose under these circumstances?

1 Like