Ludia Forums

Creating Hybrid philosophy?

So, I do have a question mainly out of curiosity to Ludia. So @Ned or @J.C, if you two can help shed any light. What is Ludia’s philosophy when it comes to creating hybrids? Mainly questions like;

• What kind of creatures do you look at when looking for hybridizing material (like one that isn’t used often, or one no one even bothers trying to get?)
  • How do you calculate power, DNA cost, and coin earning from them.
  • What do you visually picture in your head, a hybrid should look like? Sometimes similar to one creature, or looking completely different from what was used to make it?
1 Like

You know, I don’t know the artist’s process to be honest, but I can ask the dev team if that’s something they can share. No promises they will but I can definitely ask.

3 Likes

No problem, I just thought sense hybrids are one of big drives for the game, it would interesting to hear how coming with new hybrids actually works.

1 Like

Whatever the philosophy is, the pterosaurs suffer in the non-shiny department. Tapejalosaurus is the best non-tournament hybrid IMO, as Suchoripterus and Tropegopterus are pretty weak for their leagues. We need a Pteranodon hybrid with similar ferocitiy to Indominus or Ostaposaurus.

1 Like

This to be honest
I have a few ideas in mind:

• Scaphognathus + Aerotitan
  • Pteranodon + Quetzalcoatlus (Or Gallimimus)
  • Allosaurus + Aerotitan (Could be either a much superior Alangasaurus or just a super rare Suchoripterus)

And speaking of pterosaur hybrids when are we going to get a ptero superhybrid? Pterosaurs really get the short end of the stick.

1 Like

To add to this convo, look at how many non-tournament dinos aren’t part of a hybrid:

• Gallimimus
  • Allosaurus
  • Corythosaurus
  • Aerotitan
  • Pteranodon
  • Scaphognathus
    Only six of these guys, which really emphasizes how big hybrids are in the game. I really can’t wait until they have hybrids of their own.
1 Like

True, but sense they’re now hybridizing aquatics and Cenozoics, that opens the window for new hybrids much wider.

What about the toy about gallamimiles and teradon